Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

lockpick mygig adapter

Old 02-06-2008, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jgarner
I got my Lockpick today and about 10 minutes later I had it installed. Now I have to find a microphone. To those that asked about VR and Uconnect, it does enable them, you just need to add the microphone.
Please let me know if you find a source for the microphone. Thanks !!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jgarner
I got my Lockpick today and about 10 minutes later I had it installed. Now I have to find a microphone. To those that asked about VR and Uconnect, it does enable them, you just need to add the microphone.
Sounds good. I stopped by my dealership today to pick up some paperwork. Anyway I went into the parts department and asked about a mic for the mygig. I explained what are trying to do with the lockpic deal. He tried to look it up in his parts book. All he was showing was the whole uconnect kit for like $250-275. He went back and called the "star" ppl and asked if they could split up the kit. They couldn't give him an answer. go figure. He gave me this number to call. It is the people that deal with the Uconnect. I am gonna call myself but here is the number if yall want to call it. Those of you that have the lockpick all ready may can explain it better to them about what kind of end is on the mic etc. HERE IT IS 1-877-855-8400.
If you get a part number let us know please. Man I can't wait to get mine.
Thanks
Andrew
Old 02-06-2008, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

anyone have a picture of the microphone plug? Perhaps we could locate a 3rd party mic and then try to find the same plug.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:12 PM
JK Super Freak

I am sure if we get enough people to complain who have bought the lockpick they might start carrying the mic for us or throwing it in as part of the package for the JK.

Thoughts?
Old 02-06-2008, 03:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Matador
I am sure if we get enough people to complain who have bought the lockpick they might start carrying the mic for us or throwing it in as part of the package for the JK.

Thoughts?
sounds like a plan. or at least give us the part number from Mopar
Old 02-07-2008, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
snip... or at least give us the part number from Mopar
Up for any delaers on the board that can help.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Don't hold me to it, but....
Peiker acustic Inc.
8700 North Royal Lane
Irving, TX 75063
USA Ph. 972-621-8400

Try calling them and seeing where to purchase, I'm 99.9% certain they produce the mics.

The model number for the Uconnect mic I believe is ME 15.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Don't hold me to it, but....
Peiker acustic Inc.
8700 North Royal Lane
Irving, TX 75063
USA Ph. 972-621-8400

Try calling them and seeing where to purchase, I'm 99.9% certain they produce the mics.

The model number for the Uconnect mic I believe is ME 15.
Hey Jgarner are you up to calling them to see if that is the right mic/part #. I am walking out the door to go to work and by the time I would be able to call they probably will be closed.
LET us know what you find out.
Andrew
Old 02-07-2008, 01:58 PM
JK Super Freak

The strange thing is, the part is already produced, I and anyone else who have Uconnect working has the mic, now unless there's another company producing them, it seems odd they're working on producing something for the Mopar kit when they already produce it.

Edit: For anyone who plans to call the number I posted here is the actual part number from the box my mic came in (this is the mic that comes with the Uconnect kit from Mopar):
2921-043-000-51
ME15-29/E/V989
Molex-St. 3pol
f. MOPAR

Hope it'll help some of you guys track down just the mic. Seems a waste to buy anything other than the Mic if you've got the Lockpick. And I have a feeling the people at ****** aren't going to just give up their supplier of mics.

Last edited by SaharaBlackNo1; 02-07-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
The strange thing is, the part is already produced, I and anyone else who have Uconnect working has the mic, now unless there's another company producing them, it seems odd they're working on producing something for the Mopar kit when they already produce it.

Edit: For anyone who plans to call the number I posted here is the actual part number from the box my mic came in (this is the mic that comes with the Uconnect kit from Mopar):
2921-043-000-51
ME15-29/E/V989
Molex-St. 3pol
f. MOPAR

Hope it'll help some of you guys track down just the mic. Seems a waste to buy anything other than the Mic if you've got the Lockpick. And I have a feeling the people at ****** aren't going to just give up their supplier of mics.
So if they don't have a price for just the mic do yall thing that the mic by itself is gonna be more than the VR kit from the blacklisted supplier. Its $85 dollars so it would make sense that if the Mopar mic by itself is more than that to just get the VR kit. Am I right?

Quick Reply: lockpick mygig adapter