Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Locker/swaybar switch wiring for switch backlight

Old 12-10-2019, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locker/swaybar switch wiring for switch backlight

I'm wiring up a switch for my ARB air compressor. I'm looking for wires to link into for the lighting of the switch. Closest one I can find is for the switch panel for the sway bar/
Locker. There's three wires, trying to figure out which wire as for the lockers, which wire is for the sway bar, and which wire is the power for the switch lights. I want to tap into the power wire for the dimmable lights on the switch. I've tried poking around with a test wire but not having much luck. Would prefer not to pierce the wiring if I don't have to. Anyone know which wire is which?

Last edited by Rubichronic; 12-10-2019 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Heya Rubichronic -

I thought I recognized the forum handle from the BC Jeep Club - it's me ... you know, ME - Neville with the 2016 Anniversary Ed. Jk !!

Hah, hah - small world ...

Neville
Old 12-21-2019, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Creepy Neville
Heya Rubichronic -

I thought I recognized the forum handle from the BC Jeep Club - it's me ... you know, ME - Neville with the 2016 Anniversary Ed. Jk !!

Hah, hah - small world ...

Neville
Lol. Hey Neville, I was actually just reading your build thread. Very sick. Don't pop into the forums to much anymore but every once in awhile...
Old 12-22-2019, 07:27 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Those are low voltage wires that work thru the can bus, I would not tap into them. I believe the cig lighter next to that switch is keyed to the ignition.

Quick Reply: Locker/swaybar switch wiring for switch backlight