Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

locked keys in car

Old 12-30-2009, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would disco those power locks if thats a common occurance.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Police officers also often carry slim jims and might lend a hand if you spot one driving by (just don't dial 911 to try to get them to come out for this. lol).
That would be nice if you could open a wrangler with a slim-jim, but unfortunately you can not. That tool is only good for a vertical linkage. (You would see a button on the top of the door panel that moves up and down)

In the case of a wrangler, a different tool would be used but is not readily available to people other than security professionals through a supplier.

Removing the torx sounds like a great idea.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sethc84
In the case of a wrangler, a different tool would be used but is not readily available to people other than security professionals through a supplier.

Removing the torx sounds like a great idea.
lol security professionals.....and crack/meth heads!

Dude you're in Houston, find a crackhead he'll be in it in less then 2 mintues for $5. JK I've seen some darn quick theifs when I lived there! Torx sounds like the ticket. it's good to have a set anyway. Get a ride to HD and pick up a rachet and a set of 3/8" torx bits.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I tried to use our Auto Unlock kit (aka Big Easy) to unlock someones JK and I could not get it. I ended up giving them a ride to get their spare key. The locks are a very odd design and hard to open.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OFCRyan
I tried to use our Auto Unlock kit (aka Big Easy) to unlock someones JK and I could not get it. I ended up giving them a ride to get their spare key. The locks are a very odd design and hard to open.
Yes they are hence why I said you need a different tool to grab the horizontal linkage in the door panel. Available at wholesale supply houses that only sell to licensed professionals.

Originally Posted by RCWADE
lol security professionals.....and crack/meth heads!
I take offense to this as I am a locksmith. No I don't drive around unlocking people's cars and houses all day, as most ignorant people believe. I install security hardware, cctv, alarms, access control amongst a dozen other things. That is why I used the term security professional. If you think it is a laughable term than I sure hope you are in need of a Security professional or Locksmith one day so you can see what we do and maybe you won't walk around like most uninformed individuals thinking that it is an unnecessary trade.
Wonder why I still have a job and my company is having no issues with the current economic situation? Well thats because there is a high demand for what we do. Maybe think twice before you insult someone.

Last edited by Sethc84; 01-07-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sethc84
Yes they are hence why I said you need a different tool to grab the horizontal linkage in the door panel. Available at wholesale supply houses that only sell to licensed professionals.

I take offense to this as I am a locksmith. No I don't drive around unlocking people's cars and houses all day, as most ignorant people believe. I am install security hardware, cctv, alarms, access control amongst a dozen other things. That is why I used the term security professional. If you think it is a laughable term than I sure hope you are in need of a Security professional or Locksmith one day so you can see what we do and maybe you won't walk around like most uninformed individuals thinking that it is an unnecessary trade.
Wonder why I still have a job and my company is having no issues with the current economic situation? Well thats because there is a high demand for what we do. Maybe think twice before you insult someone.
Take a drink...I was saying YOU AND CRACKHEADS are probably the only people who can get into the jeeps. If you have been to houston, you know how fast they can break into your cars. Unless you're a crackhead you shouldn't feel insulted!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rcwade
Take a drink...I was saying YOU AND CRACKHEADS are probably the only people who can get into the jeeps. If you have been to houston, you know how fast they can break into your cars. Unless you're a crackhead you shouldn't feel insulted!
Sorry than, I misunderstood your comment.
Not so sure a drink in the middle of the day would go over well. Thanks anyway... Here's to you
Old 01-08-2010, 04:36 AM
JK Freak

I unzip my back window.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Alright guys my wife locked her keys in her JK tonight. So first I tried my slim jim and that didn't work. So then I tried a wedge and a hook bar to hit the unlock switch and since she locked it when she got out it turned on the security system and the power locked do not work when the security is on. So I did a little thinking and figured out I could remove the back glass very carefully and crawled my tall ass though the small window and over the back seat to reach the keys......
Old 03-15-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Hitchsafe... just saying

Quick Reply: locked keys in car