Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Line Out Converter Help...

Old 02-08-2012, 09:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I just looked at the manual for your loc. Thats bad ass. You will have to keep the factory amp for your volume to work. The infinity system uses a can buss system to digitally control volume, eq, fade and balance. Unless you get a module that serves that purpose.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the JBL MS-8. After researching I concluded you needed to tap into the wires after the amp in my 2011. I also had to use wires from both wiring harnesses off the amp. The back of the head unit definitely wouldn't work, it only has a few wires coming out of it. I believe the wiring was changed in 2011 as none of the PAC harnesses would work at the time I did my install. I guess it's possible you could do it after the myGig, but I don't believe the way the Canbus works with the amplified system in 2011 you can do it any other way if you want full range sound. I am no expert though. I got the wiring diagram from this site:

http://dto.vftis.com/mopar/main.asp
Old 02-08-2012, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, so what I gather is.....

I need to tap AFTER the Infinity amp. Fair enough.

Now, since I need 3 channels of sound (front, rear, sub) do I just tap all three channels from the front speakers? The problem is, in the front, the woofer and tweeter are separated. Is the signal crossed over from factory, meaning, if I tap into the OEM 6.5" cone wiring, will I be missing the frequencies from the tweeter, or the stock amp sending full range over there?
Old 02-08-2012, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC
Ok, so what I gather is.....

I need to tap AFTER the Infinity amp. Fair enough.

Now, since I need 3 channels of sound (front, rear, sub) do I just tap all three channels from the front speakers? The problem is, in the front, the woofer and tweeter are separated. Is the signal crossed over from factory, meaning, if I tap into the OEM 6.5" cone wiring, will I be missing the frequencies from the tweeter, or the stock amp sending full range over there?
I tapped into the tweeter, mid and sub. There are no inline capacitors so I believe the amp crosses the sound over.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jnicewvu
I tapped into the tweeter, mid and sub. There are no inline capacitors so I believe the amp crosses the sound over.
I could have sworn that when I took a look at the OEM tweeter (I popped it off for a minute to check the size of the hole) I saw capacitors (little green resistors) soldered on it. I figured all the wires have full range, and the crossovers on the speakers (they don't have to be large to do their job) filter out the frequencies that should not be played.

However, I don't quite understand how you did your tapping. For instance, for the channel 1 of the LOC, (fronts) how do you tap all three locations?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC
I could have sworn that when I took a look at the OEM tweeter (I popped it off for a minute to check the size of the hole) I saw capacitors (little green resistors) soldered on it. I figured all the wires have full range, and the crossovers on the speakers (they don't have to be large to do their job) filter out the frequencies that should not be played.

However, I don't quite understand how you did your tapping. For instance, for the channel 1 of the LOC, (fronts) how do you tap all three locations?
The MS-8 has 8 inputs...maybe their are capacitors, I didn't see them for sure.

Quick Reply: Line Out Converter Help...