Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Like these lights just not sure where the heck to put them

Old 07-14-2011, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Like these lights just not sure where the heck to put them

I like these running lights but these are clearly made for a truck although it says jeep in the listing. Dont/cant put them on the freedom top was thinking either the hood or the top of the the windsheild...what do you guys think?Click image for larger version

Name:	lights11.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	181915
Old 07-14-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

They look like marker lights. Like the old "5" high style. They might look odd anywhere lower than the roof. Give it a try, thy could turn out really cool.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm guessing those lights cost $, and they'd be vulnerable to being hit if placed on top of the windshield.

Placed on the hood is a great spot, I'm surprised not more have done it.

With the scoop being deep, I had to relocate the windshield water jets (was single in center, now have dual) but you could place your light forward of the stock jet, drill a hole in hood (or remove the hood nipple and use it's hole - did I just say that ?) and feed the wiring through to firewall.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by westchester
I'm guessing those lights cost $, and they'd be vulnerable to being hit if placed on top of the windshield.

Placed on the hood is a great spot, I'm surprised not more have done it.

With the scoop being deep, I had to relocate the windshield water jets (was single in center, now have dual) but you could place your light forward of the stock jet, drill a hole in hood (or remove the hood nipple and use it's hole - did I just say that ?) and feed the wiring through to firewall.

Good idea and nice looking jeep by the way. They arent expensive (ebay)...just some LED running lights I like them cause there blacked out aready but are pretty bright yellow at night. I was thinking mabey like forward on the grill like where a bug deflector would go but I agree with the other post probally look funky as far as running lights go anywhere but the roof. Mabey on a roof rack when I get one

Quick Reply: Like these lights just not sure where the heck to put them