Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Lights from HIDprojector.com

Old 12-11-2013, 11:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights from HIDprojector.com

Ok so I know I have posted about lights before after failing with the wife on the ddm tuning lights in the factory housing I think I have talked the wife in doing the full upgrade. I haven't seen trucklights in person so I'm going with what I know on the projector. So my question is what kelvin have you ordered from him. I know the normal is the 4300k or the 5150k I want the best and whitest light. Opinions and pictures would be appreciated. I'm going with the basic chrome housing because they are costing enough as it is.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by White Ghost
Ok so I know I have posted about lights before after failing with the wife on the ddm tuning lights in the factory housing I think I have talked the wife in doing the full upgrade. I haven't seen trucklights in person so I'm going with what I know on the projector. So my question is what kelvin have you ordered from him. I know the normal is the 4300k or the 5150k I want the best and whitest light. Opinions and pictures would be appreciated. I'm going with the basic chrome housing because they are costing enough as it is.
Good choice on going with Tom's HID projectors, he does very good work. I have the 5150k bulbs supplied with his kit and they are pure diamond white.... no yellow, no blue.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:21 PM
JK Freak

Awesome thanks would you mind shooting a night shot?
Old 12-11-2013, 09:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had them, decided to go with TL LEDs. Wish I had just gone with them the first time.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been running a set of Tom's lights since summer last year and honestly couldn't be happier. I went with 6000k bulbs and they are a very cool white. Really light things up nice too. I've got a couple pics on Flickr that I'll post when I get to work later this morning. But of a pain copying and pasting links from my tablet.

Tell your wife it's a safety issue thigh and that should help sell her on them.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Yellowfin
I've been running a set of Tom's lights since summer last year and honestly couldn't be happier. I went with 6000k bulbs and they are a very cool white. Really light things up nice too. I've got a couple pics on Flickr that I'll post when I get to work later this morning. But of a pain copying and pasting links from my tablet. Tell your wife it's a safety issue thigh and that should help sell her on them.
thanks yellowfin I have that's my goal lol.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here are a few pics for you to review to see what you think.

HID Projectors 35W AC 6000k aiming @ 30 ft

HID Projectors 35W AC 6000k High Beams @ 30 ft
Old 12-12-2013, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome thanks would you mind shooting a night shot?
Sure thing. I'll bust out my DSLR this weekend and try to snap a few pics that show good detail of the lights.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

Thanks and those do look amazing. So ready for Christmas to be over and count up the cash to go to my jeep fund lol.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks and those do look amazing. So ready for Christmas to be over and count up the cash to go to my jeep fund lol.
I hear ya', man. Sadly, I don't have anything for my Jeep on my Christmas wish list this year. Instead, I'm hoping to add a couple of major upgrades to my 1/10th scale crawler.

Quick Reply: Lights from HIDprojector.com