Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Which lights to buy??

Old 12-06-2009, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which lights to buy??

I had a new custom front bumper built and lost my factory fogs while making this change. I want to get 2 more aftermarket lights to replace my old fogs. My question is which are the best to buy without being too expensive. Something not too big... maybe 5". Also, being from Canada it would be awesome to order from a place that has a Canadian branch. Thanks!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know Amazon sells a set of Hella's that make excellent driving lights. They're the model 500 I believe and can be found on sale for $50USD on ocassion. I helped TheOnlyRedHead put some on his JK and they work very well. I'm sure Amazon had a Canada branch.

Or you could always check out Northridge's site. Dave's usally got something that will work great.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default I agree...

I didn't want to spend hundreds on lights either. I went with the Hella 500s and for the money they are great! I haven't had any regrets on mine.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:48 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Hella for $50, and another $50 on H3 HID's and you've got yourself a very bright setup. Terrible light dispersion, so I wouldnt recommend driving at night on public roads.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Skippman
I know Amazon sells a set of Hella's that make excellent driving lights. They're the model 500 I believe and can be found on sale for $50USD on ocassion. I helped TheOnlyRedHead put some on his JK and they work very well. I'm sure Amazon had a Canada branch.

Or you could always check out Northridge's site. Dave's usally got something that will work great.
I'll check that out, thanks! Yeah I was considering just giving Northridge a call (the Canadian one though) and asking them what they thought would be the best since I've heard that they sometimes have things in stock that aren't even posted on their website.

Originally Posted by hayden911
I didn't want to spend hundreds on lights either. I went with the Hella 500s and for the money they are great! I haven't had any regrets on mine.
Yeah, just doesn't really seem like an area where I'd like to spend a ton of money, especially if I can get something that works well for cheaper like you've suggested. Thanks! I'm going to look into these

Quick Reply: Which lights to buy??