Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

lights and action!

Old 03-09-2010, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lights and action!

hey guys.. i have read up on the rock light mods.. those are soon to come lol.. and it shows that you can wire up the rock lights to come on when you hit the unlock button on your remote (for us mall crawlers who have auto locks ) is there any way to hook my big KC windshield lights up the same way so they come on when i unlock the doors??
Old 03-09-2010, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wire lights to relays, take power wire that would flash rock lights and take that to relay as signal wire.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:11 PM
JK Freak

what i want to do is use them like always.. but have them wired up so they flash on when i unlock my Jeep.. like the headlights.. i just not sure which wires to run where to get it to happen..
Old 03-09-2010, 10:43 PM
JK Newbie

I could be completely wrong... but wouldn't you need a resister(sp?)or two to ensure that you don't back feed power to the rock lights when runing the KCs as normal?

Also, that's a lot of light coming out just for unlocking your door... I could see that becoming a pain in the ass pretty quickly...

Quick Reply: lights and action!