Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Lighting inside of Tuffy box suggestions

Old 01-07-2011, 02:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lighting inside of Tuffy box suggestions

Now that I have the Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure, it is very dark up under there at night. Has anyone installed a light inside of the box or have suggestions on what I can use??

The ideal light would turn on and off with opening of the tailgate. Would there be a way I could splice something into the existing overhead lights?
Old 01-07-2011, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

what about just getting one of those battery operated push button lights that is magnetic, and put it on the inside lid?
Old 01-07-2011, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by vandegrift
what about just getting one of those battery operated push button lights that is magnetic, and put it on the inside lid?
dohhhh

to be honest that one didn't even enter my mind. Why does today feel like Monday?!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I feel like every day is a Monday........
Old 01-07-2011, 04:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Walmart has a product that is two pieces,,,A LED light and a magnet. You attach one piece inside a cabinet or drawer and the other on the door or drawer itself. When you open it, light goes on. I have one inside a small safe and it works well. They are sold with the rest of the nighlights near the hardware/automotive section.

Quick Reply: Lighting inside of Tuffy box suggestions