Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Lighting Ground Question (sPOD)

Old 01-24-2013, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lighting Ground Question (sPOD)

I am going to be installing an sPOD next weekend. I already have rear bumper lights grounded to the frame at the back of the Jeep and the hot lead run up into the engine bay where my existing relay is installed. (This existing relay will be removed when the sPOD is installed)

I understand the sPOD system has the individual circuit ground and hot terminals at the source unit but will I need to run the ground from the back up to the sPOD source or can I just hook up the hot lead to the source and let the existing ground as is?

Not a big deal if I need to run the ground up to the front but just wondering if I can leave it alone?

Thanks
Old 01-25-2013, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can leave the ground alone. I have an SPOD and my back up light is grounded in the rear and works perfect....
Old 01-25-2013, 04:14 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by HLKSTER
You can leave the ground alone. I have an SPOD and my back up light is grounded in the rear and works perfect....
Great! I have one less wire to screw with! Thanks.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Same here. I just ran the positive to the SPod circuit and left the ground for my rock lights alone. SPod ftw!

Quick Reply: Lighting Ground Question (sPOD)