Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Which Lightforce Combo Filters????????

Old 02-15-2012, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Lightforce Combo Filters????????

I have a pair of 240 Blitz's coming and and am not sure on the filters. I am headed out to the groom lake desert in NV in the next couple of weeks, but go up to big bear and drive in the night snow quite a bit durning winter. Should I stick with the Blue lenses per lightforce on their site?

I ask because Ive seen most running the yellows? Please advise.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the same question and decided to buy the blue, yellow and white combo filters for my 170 HID's. Have not had the chance to test the blue or yellow yet but figure it never hurts to have all three to be better prepared.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I remember right Echo is the man to answer all your questions when it comes to Lightforce. I remember a thread with pics of different filters and their advantages.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Riptide
I have the yellow ones on my 170 & 270s. They're okay at best. I've had blue ones on my 170 halogens... useless.

Personally I'd stay away from the colored filters and just stock to the clear ones (combo or spots). The yellows help a bit, but either it's only kind of snowing, and the filters don't make a huge difference, or it's dumping on you, and the lights are too bright to be of any use what so ever.

With my HIDs the dropoff from clears to yellow was massive. With blues it was even worse.
No Shit? I hear nothing but posatives on these lights, you would think the filters they sell would actually do what they say. Your not the first one ive seen post up about the blue filters that are MADE FOR SNOW, actually not working. So just buy them as is and leave the filters alone?

Quick Reply: Which Lightforce Combo Filters????????