Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Lightforce 140 Lance?

Old 11-03-2011, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightforce 140 Lance?

Looking to Bumper mount these. Want to run these for fog with the yellow filter. But thinking I could run them as just added driving lights when the filter is not needed. If I go with a pair of PIAA's (ion fog) it will just be a "fog" lamp. This is a "WIN" in my book! Here is the issue. Are they too bright to run in normal traffic? (Rated at 75 watt) Anybody out there with a set of these that can chime in?
Old 11-03-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ironside
Looking to Bumper mount these. Want to run these for fog with the yellow filter. But thinking I could run them as just added driving lights when the filter is not needed. If I go with a pair of PIAA's (ion fog) it will just be a "fog" lamp. This is a "WIN" in my book! Here is the issue. Are they too bright to run in normal traffic? (Rated at 75 watt) Anybody out there with a set of these that can chime in?
I have the LightForce 170's on my Jeep, and they are definitely too bright to use in normal traffic. The Lightforce 140's at rated at 110,000 candelas; in Oregon you are only able to use a light on a public road way if it is less than 300 candelas.

Seeing that you are in Oregon as well make sure you follow all of the auxiliary lighting rules.

leg.state.or.us/ors/811.html (Section 811.515)
leg.state.or.us/ors/816.html
oregon.gov/ODOT/TS/docs/VehEq/11-002_foglights.pdf
Old 11-03-2011, 04:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ECHO
Have you considered get the Yellow wide angle filter.. that will give you more of a spread when using them as fog light
The dispersion filter will give him more of the "fog light" effect. Still not legal to run on the streets though...especially with traffic.

I was following the wife the other day (she drives a WRX) I turned on my 170's and about melted her face off. Echo, with all those lights you would probably melt the car!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ECHO
As TRoup put it " If a deer gets in road, I will cook it.. When I hit it - It will be fileted and land in the back, just like the cartoons"
That's seriously the funniest thing I have read all day.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Gentlemen. Local Law enforcement here in Salem is more than willing to give you an "Award" for any aftermarket lighting. Im just looking to keep my visibilty while I head over to the coast to Molest our local Salmon/Steelhead population's for our Fall and winter runs.

Quick Reply: Lightforce 140 Lance?