Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Light choice

Old 07-03-2007 | 07:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light choice

I am having trouble tryin to decide on a light manufacturer. I want some pencil beams or spots for the pillars, and some driving, fog, or driving/fog combos for the bumper

Has anyone used both PIAAs AND KCs? Are PIAAs worth the extra money? Their bulbs aren't as high wattage, from what I can tell. However, their decriptions of the Plasma ion coating sounds great. It also sounds like the BS Daniel Stern says to watch out for.

I definitely want matching brands in both sets (that's me being anal). I've also looked into ProComp, but I'm not impressed with them yet (please let me know if I should be, and why). I've read up on Lightforce, but they look really cheesy, and are kind of hard to find.

If I go PIAA, would it look odd to have white lenses on the pillar, and Plasma ion on the bumper?

Thanks to all!
Old 07-05-2007 | 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have tried all three of these PIAA lights PRO XT Series:

120 Watt bulbs, they rock ! I decided on the Fog pattern as the most useful of the group . They are waaayyy brighter than the high beams and have a VERY wide beam pattern. I would say the best mod done to my vehicle.

Last edited by lightning; 07-05-2007 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-06-2007 | 06:50 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default KC Hilites

KC Daylighters or the Slimlights are bright, relatively inexpensive and have a lifetime warranty! I have 100W Daylighter long range and they throw quite a bit of light.

Last edited by armycop; 07-06-2007 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-06-2007 | 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Plain old Hella 500 driving lights. Cheap.

Old 07-06-2007 | 08:09 AM
JK Freak

I did the IPFs. Put a set of spots on the pillars and floods on the bumper... Works AWESOME... Plenty of light

Quick Reply: Light choice