Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Lifetime 20" Double Row Spot/Flood LED

Old 12-02-2014, 11:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifetime 20" Double Row Spot/Flood LED

Howdy,

I just received a Lifetime 20" double row LED as part of a Black Friday purchase. I was expecting a spot version, thinking it would be more usable as a driving light (mounted low and angled down in an Ace pro series front bumper). I don't know much about LEDs. Is this just a bad idea? Maybe this spot/flood combo is a blessing in disguise?

I get the jist of it: narrow beam vs wide beam vs narrow/wide beam. But can someone maybe point out some of the pros and cons?

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2014, 12:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by terrabit
Howdy,

I just received a Lifetime 20" double row LED as part of a Black Friday purchase. I was expecting a spot version, thinking it would be more usable as a driving light (mounted low and angled down in an Ace pro series front bumper). I don't know much about LEDs. Is this just a bad idea? Maybe this spot/flood combo is a blessing in disguise?

I get the jist of it: narrow beam vs wide beam vs narrow/wide beam. But can someone maybe point out some of the pros and cons?

Thanks!
If I'm reading this correctly you got the spot/flood instead of just a spot beam? I run 2 sets of lights that are probably close to your bar.
1: 30* floods on the bumper. They work great at illuminating everything close to me but didn't help out at all for driving through the back roads where I live
2: 12* spots. They really reach out and throw light almost twice as far (despite being 1/2 the lumens) as my floods.

If I run one set without the other, I'm either missing what is close to me by using the spots or I'm "outrunning" the light (not physical possible but you understand what I mean I hope) by using the floods
When I turn them both on, it's incredible. I would take it as a sign that you got lucky. But that's just me. a 20" combo will throw some hell yeah light. I've seen it on my buddies rig and I want to get one for mine as well. Hope you end up happy with the bar!
Old 12-03-2014, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I've decided I'm happy with it.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Lifetime 20" Double Row Spot/Flood LED