Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Lets see pics of your IPF H4 Conversion kits!

Old 03-27-2013, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zeppo
Here's a couple shots of what the buckets look like in a bright silver metallic. The bulbs in the pics are the IPF bulbs that come with the kit. I have since been through the standard Silverstar Ultras and now the zxe's. I've noticed no major difference in light output to the naked eye, maybe the cutoff was a little sharper with the standard silverstar ultras but I don't recall. What I do recall is that these are far superior to the stock housings. I never bothered with any comparison shots or even useful brightness to the eye or beam pattern pics because they're around if you look for them.

Perfect! Thanks a bunch. This is the pic I was looking for. That is exactly the look I'm going for also. Do you by chance have a pic of the IPF housing with the ZXE bulbs in. I was going to throw ZXE bulbs in the stock housing but I figure I'd upgrade while I have the means.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by PG-JKU
Here's another hint - if you end up going with the IPF kit, get the headlight glass covered in rock guard, a clear plastic protector from 3M. I've been through 2 windshields but the glass IPF's are still holding.
Good idea, thanks. I actually made the dealer fix a ding in the windshield before I bought my JK.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I happen to be awake while the sun is up I'll try and remember to snap a couple pics for you. The bulbs are about the same though since they're both blue tinted glass.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

If I happen to be awake while the sun is up I'll try and remember to snap a couple pics for you. The bulbs are about the same though since they're both blue tinted glass.
Thank you, i'd appreciate it.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

Here are some night shots of IPF kit. Factory fogs are also on in both pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-391760319.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	441812

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2221097669.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	441811
Old 04-02-2013, 11:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bulbs were way too blue for my taste, ended up going with Silverstars after I thought the bulbs were burned out. Turns out the connectors are junk. I ended up cutting the harness and soldering the ends into the harness.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rbricault
Here are some night shots of IPF kit. Factory fogs are also on in both pics

Attachment 441812

Attachment 441811
Thanks a bunch for the pics, I ended up ordering the Truck-lites just now. I'll post pics as soon as they're in!
I had a couple bucks to play with si I figured I'd get them now or regret it in the future.

Thanks again man.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Those truck-lites are pretty damn sweet.

I finally took those zxe shots today but I guess there's no need to throw em up at this point.

Enjoy the new lights.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

Those truck-lites are pretty damn sweet.

I finally took those zxe shots today but I guess there's no need to throw em up at this point.

Enjoy the new lights.
I would post em anyways. I'm sure someone would like to see them. Everyone has been more than helpful on this forum. I appreciate all the help. I received the Truck-lite's today. I ran home quick during lunch to get them, could wait another 3 hours! Will post pics once they are in.

Thanks again guys.

Marty

Quick Reply: Lets see pics of your IPF H4 Conversion kits!