Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LED testing question for 50" light bar.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Glad you got it fixed. Great looking Jeep!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is what it will look like with the double 50's on..

I like the lights because I live in an area where the deer are thick! I run them at night when there's not any cars coming. Its awesome, lt lights up the road and ditches like the lights they use on the lobster boats. A rolling stadium light! lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-13.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	467282  
Old 06-12-2013, 11:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad you got it working!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

This thing has been more trouble than its worth.. $1000 cheaper than some of the other brands but Im starting to see why now..

BAD
- Ground inside light not connected
- Passenger bolt stripped out, cheap aluminum end caps, have to have it retapped now
- Whistles like a freight train at 65mph+
- The bolts will absolutely NOT hold the light in place, it rotates no matter how tight you have it
- No Instructions
- No Brand Name, no website, no customer service number, nothing.
- Mounting brackets are VERY thin, light shakes left to right really badly at highway speeds even though everything is tight.

GOOD
- Bolts at the windshield lined up perfectly
- Finish on the light and brackets look great
- $1000 cheaper than some options out there
- Good, quick responses from EAutoGrilles about making things right.
- B R I G H T ! !

So if you have a little time to fix the light before installing it, its worth it. If you're looking for a bolt-on, plug-n-play light that is as good as Rigid Lights right out of the box, this probably isn't for you..

Im still moving forward with purchasing a second one to stack under the one I have and hoping the weight of the second light will cure some of the shaking and whistling..

You get what you pay for, do a little extra work and save a lot of money. Longevity, who knows!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:56 PM
JK Junkie

The whistling has been covered elsewhere, stick some rubber up between some of the fins (not all of them and not all the way across) and the noise goes away.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 06-13-2013, 10:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Rigid made a rubber price that goes thru the fins on the light. Email them and ask them to send you a pair, they fit and get rid of the whistling. All the 50" lights have that sound problem/ turbulence
Old 06-14-2013, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone know if the rigid light bar covers will fit other brands? I'd love to have a clear one. I run the jeep with the tops and doors off. I can't hardly pressure wash the bugs off the light bar without soaking the red leather interior. The clear covers would be a great alternative, I could unsnap them and clean them off by hand. Plus having a red set would look cool!

And the whistling was cured when the bolt stripped out and light fell off going down the highway, it bent the bar along the fins and now it doesn't make any noise.. So thats always a cure if you don't want to buy the rubber, just toss the light against the hood at 60mph and bend it a little.. free.

Last edited by waterboy222; 06-14-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Quick Reply: LED testing question for 50" light bar.