Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LED Light Bars: What would you want? Win a free light bar.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My vote is for circular leds that fit the factory fog light openings, since a lot of aftermarket bumpers are also set up for these lights.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scottz
My vote is for circular leds that fit the factory fog light openings, since a lot of aftermarket bumpers are also set up for these lights.
Rigid/Bdf and nemesis/jw speaker already covers that market. Why not do something different? I have seen some headlight manufactures use black pieces of plastic in the center of the design so it reflects off of the chrome (which obviously helps with light output and pattern). Not one offroad led company does that. Also some more unique (slim, simple and strong) mounting brackets would be very important to me if I was designing a product like this.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would like to see an affordable bright white fog light that switches to amber with a cycle of the fog light switch for adverse weather conditions.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by medburd
I would like to see an affordable bright white fog light that switches to amber with a cycle of the fog light switch for adverse weather conditions.
It would be even better if it fit into the stock housing
Old 11-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by djcamis
Circular LED lights! Like KC apollos or Hellas!!!
Again we at KC already have this in production. Check out our KC LZR lights, we have a 4" round, 7" round, and 8" round.

Lights « Lzr Led « KC HiLiTES: Auxiliary Lighting, Off Road Lights, HID Off Road Lights, Fog Lights, LED Light Bars, Driving Lights, Light Bars, Wiring Accessories, Flashlights, Torches

Originally Posted by medburd
Also, we already have this technology patent pending and designed, check out our KC Bones line. Feel free to send us an email with any questions regarding our KC Bones and our Dual Color Bones.

If you guys want information on pricing, send me a PM, we have pride that we feel our pricing on our new Bones line is much more affordable than any other LED Light bar out there that is MADE IN USA.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scottz
Lots of light, weather and water proof, and at reasonable cost. It should not cost $3,000+ to light up your vehicle.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A brief coffee break in a super busy day, but this thread caught my interest, so here goes:

1. Locate the LEDs lower than the top horizontal tube, so the lights are protected from branches.

2. Locate the LEDs low, not above the top level.

3. Rotating light body or rotating cover – for countries where exposed light bar is illegal on roads.

4. Optional number of lights – allowing the use of one long LED body or a few shorter ones. This would allow combining spot and flood lights, and choice of using more or less light.
People tend to have the maximum amount of light. I think that too much brightness can be counterproductive in many offroading situations.
Another alternative can be a dimmer, so we can choose lower intensity (on a bright night for instance, or in order not to disturb the driver in front of us).

5. When using a few shorter lights – allow directing the lights at the left/right edges to rotate sideways, as well as up/down. This would allow wider lighting, which can be quite helpful in some offroad circumstances (Avoid animals, see a trail junction in time, etc').

6. Stainless steel mount would be great.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Everyone asks for the horizontal bars... I would buy a 10" or 20" vertical bar to go down the a-pillar. This would be a great position and could potentially give more light out and depending on the lens and construction you could make the lights cover more surface area! Figure two vertical 20's and you almost have a 50" bar!

Sent from my iPhone 5!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:09 AM
Former Vendor

You can turn any "horizontal" LED light bar out there now, including our KC Bones, vertically to get what you are trying to do.

Also you can get the lights in lengths ranging from our Spike about 3" to our 50" Big Bone Daddy. These things are already out there guys, the spike would not be as bright as the 50" because it would not have as many LEDs.

Our mounts are stainless steel.
Our pricing is affordable.

Thanks
Old 11-15-2012, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have always wanted LED's to fit vertically in the grill slats. something thats dark in color when off. I think this would be a cool incognito look.

cheers,
mike

Quick Reply: LED Light Bars: What would you want? Win a free light bar.