Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LED Headlights and halo rings with angry eyes

Old 09-28-2014, 01:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeeprjoe

I'm going to do this later tonight. I don't know how I could have missed this??! Thanks guys. Glad posted.
He beat me to it. But yea that should solve all your issues.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by vegetto109
Here are mine...
This is a look I'm considering as well, PLEASE post what brand eyes, lights, and halos you went with or some you would rec.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone able to comment on installing halos in the Quaratec led headlights? Just wondering if I'm able to crack open the front lens to get the halos in there?
Old 02-09-2015, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lambo14
Anyone able to comment on installing halos in the Quaratec led headlights? Just wondering if I'm able to crack open the front lens to get the halos in there?
Anything is possible. I don't have a pair of QTec lights in front of me, but I would imagine after some time in a warm oven the sealant will be soft enough to pry the cover off the base. Obviously, as soon as this is done your warranty gets thrown in the trash, though. You could also consider just affixing the halo ring to the outside of the light. It won't look the same close up, but will still provide the same visual results on the road.

For $800, Vision X makes a 7" LED headlight with built in halo ring.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the response! Little worried about the warranty but I've done it before.......
Old 02-09-2015, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lambo14
Thanks for the response! Little worried about the warranty but I've done it before.......
I know they've got that black plastic divider across the bottom 2/3 of the light. I have no idea if that sits flush against the lens or not, but if you're prying these apart to install halos, you might want to prepare for cutting a groove into the black bar for the halo to sit in.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is there anyway a halo ring would generate enough heat to keep snow/ice off of the trucklites? I love in wv and it's awful how fast they get covered
Old 02-09-2015, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MICHAEL450f
Is there anyway a halo ring would generate enough heat to keep snow/ice off of the trucklites? I love in wv and it's awful how fast they get covered
I'm not a big fan of halos so I don't follow the technology, but I would think more and more are LED which probably wouldn't generate squat.

I will say that Truck-Lite just released their heated headlights. I think Northridge has them in stock (I'm sure many other places, too).
Old 02-09-2015, 12:39 PM
Former Vendor

Our headlights would work great with angry eyes, as the beam is in the center of the headlight. They also have a built in running light.

http://www.offroadadditions.com/ora-...e1423266317280
Old 02-09-2015, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would love to get the heated trucklites... But I just bought the regular ones and don't have enough $$ to drop on the heated ones too lol

Quick Reply: LED Headlights and halo rings with angry eyes