Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LED Headlight Bulbs

Old 09-30-2013, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
Which way did your "x"s move so I can get an idea how you adjusted them.
I had to adjust up, down, left and/or right for the headlights. That is why I added the second set of adjustment screws. With the factory headlights, they alignment was not very critical because of how the incandescent bulbs reflected with the lenses. Even when I took out the GE lights to add the capacitor, I had to realign them.

I had the fortune of having some dark streets in a business park where I live so I drove up and down those streets to see where I would like the lights aimed. Then I drove on the freeway to see if they lined up with the stripes and reflectors to fine tune them.

If you have them adjusted correctly, you do not see the "x's" between the stripes. If you do see the "x's" on the road, the headlights need to be adjusted further out. Adjust them too high and they will shine into oncoming traffic.

Once you have them aimed properly, they ARE AMAZING! Everyone who has seen mine, rode or driven with me loves the headlights. These headlights do not reflect too much light upwards like most HID's I have seen. My old Acura had HID's, which I thought were very nice. These things blows those out of the water!
Old 01-17-2014, 12:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Chuck:

Did you take any pics of your adjustment screws or where you mounted them? My X's are both directly in front of the passenger. I need to adjust both of mine towards the driver. If I take the lights out will I easily see what needs to be done? Thanks.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobholthaus
Chuck:

Did you take any pics of your adjustment screws or where you mounted them? My X's are both directly in front of the passenger. I need to adjust both of mine towards the driver. If I take the lights out will I easily see what needs to be done? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1267282242.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	524346

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2261349084.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	524347

Use a pair of adjustable pliers to "pop" out the fixed studs. Be gentle or you may crack the plastic around where he screw goes and fix it like I had to instead of buying new headlight buckets. It is easier to adjust the lights with the grill off because there is no notch for the second adjustment screw on the grill.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll try it, thank you.

Quick Reply: LED Headlight Bulbs