Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Led footwell lighting.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great mod, I used blue on the floor stick on under the center console but opted for the red strips to light up the shifters. I used clean power and seperate switch, night runs big plus also added a flexable map light.

I also am looking for a door pin switch for the center console box, I found some great LED bolt type lights for the lisc plate which should stay protected and look good in this application too.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:15 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MountainJK
Great mod, I used blue on the floor stick on under the center console but opted for the red strips to light up the shifters. I used clean power and seperate switch, night runs big plus also added a flexable map light.

I also am looking for a door pin switch for the center console box, I found some great LED bolt type lights for the lisc plate which should stay protected and look good in this application too.
Speaking of night runs...I just had an all day run. It was pitch dark when we ended. There were easily 40 rigs. They all saw my lighting and now they wanna copy it. They like it
Old 01-30-2011, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Hi sringer, neat idea. i'd like to try it and i've got some leds i bought off of ebay. i'm not an electrical guy but think this is a mod worth exploring.
what size wire did you run to and from the led strips?
did your led strips have some sort of built in resistors?
one wire goes from the power in the dome light circuitry into the led strip. the other wire goes to...?
sorry. like i said. electrical noob.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AptPupil
Hi sringer, neat idea. i'd like to try it and i've got some leds i bought off of ebay. i'm not an electrical guy but think this is a mod worth exploring.
what size wire did you run to and from the led strips?
did your led strips have some sort of built in resistors?
one wire goes from the power in the dome light circuitry into the led strip. the other wire goes to...?
sorry. like i said. electrical noob.
hahaha im a complete electrical newbie as well. i had a buddy of mine help with all of that...he plugged 4 wires into the domelight up top. two tapped into power two tapped into light. i think. then we ran two down eachside and simply connected them to the two wires off of each end of the strip. sorry for the lack of knowledge myself
Old 02-01-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default Where's the wire

Could use a photo of where you tapped in to. And where does the ground go? Got the lights at AZ and am ready to light up the feet.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:21 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by CajunSafari
Could use a photo of where you tapped in to. And where does the ground go? Got the lights at AZ and am ready to light up the feet.
its all up in the domelight for me. i dont know for sure, someone on here tapped into a tracer wire? no clue =/ sorry
Old 02-02-2011, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Would it be possible to do this mod where the lights are turned on with the dashboard lights? I would like to have them on while my headlights/dash lights are on as well. Is this possible with some simple wiring or would require something more complicated?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Fuzz 40
Would it be possible to do this mod where the lights are turned on with the dashboard lights? I would like to have them on while my headlights/dash lights are on as well. Is this possible with some simple wiring or would require something more complicated?
That's how mine are setup. All you have to do is "roll" the dash brightness switch the whole way up. That turns on the domelight as well as my footlights.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Pics, these are blue lights 12" from advance auto
Nice floormats! :-) I have the same ones haha
Old 02-04-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sringer
That's how mine are setup. All you have to do is "roll" the dash brightness switch the whole way up. That turns on the domelight as well as my footlights.
I read that but I was thinking about having them on without having the dome lights on.

Quick Reply: Led footwell lighting.