Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Led footwell lighting.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
Ive had my LED's for over a month now and i still haven't gotten around to doing this mod
tisk tisk...

get to it! haha
Old 03-10-2011, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sringer
thats effing sweet!!!!!!!!!!! here i was thiknking just dome and foot was cool. man im diggin that! i looked thru the photobucket pics...did you put a suzuki exhaust on your jk?
Lol, no, the old man shipped his bike to France and needed the #'s off his stock exhaust for a safety over there.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to add, to do the vents I used four pre-wired surface mount LED's from Oznium and some wire. I spliced them in to the orange/gray going to the HVAC so they are on whenever the lights are on and are dimmable with the stock controls. I went out at night and played with different mounting locations to get the effect I was looking for. Turned out great and they don't bother you while driving at all. Now all I need to do is swap all the gauge, radio and hvac lights over to blue....
Old 03-10-2011, 07:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Menard666

Lol, no, the old man shipped his bike to France and needed the #'s off his stock exhaust for a safety over there.
Oooooooooo. Ok
Old 03-10-2011, 07:44 AM
JK Junkie

Just to add, to do the vents I used four pre-wired surface mount LED's from Oznium and some wire. I spliced them in to the orange/gray going to the HVAC so they are on whenever the lights are on and are dimmable with the stock controls. I went out at night and played with different mounting locations to get the effect I was looking for. Turned out great and they don't bother you while driving at all. Now all I need to do is swap all the gauge, radio and hvac lights over to blue....
Haha that would be ridiculously cool.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

I have seen so many of these on e Bay I dont know what to choose... I was thinking of hoooking them up on one of my panel switches to have some floor lights on while driving. ... thinking green.. has anyone hooked these up on a switch? if so how did you do your wiring?

thanks
Old 03-10-2011, 01:36 PM
JK Freak

just got mine done 2 days ago in red and i got a dome light and i also did the center counsel and it is dimable its bad a$$. i need to get a different dome light i think i got the wrong one it was the only red dome light they had at auto zone. does anyone have a part number of a website for some red led dome lights? i dont know what i need exactly if there is a difference with them
Old 03-10-2011, 02:17 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SIDsjeep
just got mine done 2 days ago in red and i got a dome light and i also did the center counsel and it is dimable its bad a$$. i need to get a different dome light i think i got the wrong one it was the only red dome light they had at auto zone. does anyone have a part number of a website for some red led dome lights? i dont know what i need exactly if there is a difference with them
JEEP DODGE CHRYSLER 578 SUPER BLUE LED MAP LIGHT BULBS that is the exact name of what i bought off ebay...so maybe just red instead of blue. but 578 is the number and it works great for me in my 07 jk x
Old 03-10-2011, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool

Good job, thanks for the info. Can't wait for your post about the gauge mod. I install footwell LED's, now I can't wait try something in the dash panel. Maybe surface mount or flex strips. Thanks again
Old 03-10-2011, 02:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sringer
JEEP DODGE CHRYSLER 578 SUPER BLUE LED MAP LIGHT BULBS that is the exact name of what i bought off ebay...so maybe just red instead of blue. but 578 is the number and it works great for me in my 07 jk x
ok thanks alot on that i hope it helps and if not gives me a better place to start looking for something better.

Quick Reply: Led footwell lighting.