Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Led footwell lighting.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres a pic of my LED footwell and console area. Back seats are lit as well. Like this mod. Stays on all the time with running lightsAttachment 131795, dimmable with no glare whatsoever.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by adrom
thanks for the pm dude. ill be ordering tonight
your welcome! no problem! hope all works out with your interior lighting
Old 02-28-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MontaukRubi
Heres a pic of my LED footwell and console area. Back seats are lit as well. Like this mod. Stays on all the time with running lightsAttachment 131795, dimmable with no glare whatsoever.
looks nice, really nice. i have mine on all the time...its just...my domelight is a little bright to have on all the time...so sometimes i unplug the bulb. just the feet look pretty cool
Old 02-28-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very classy Montaukrubi, what did you use exactly to get that look?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the look of this, and want to do it to my Jeep. Has anyone tried splicing into the driving lights so the LEDs turn on and dimmable when those are on? If so, what wire did you splice into? Anyone able to have the doors off yet? If so, any problems with the law?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by karls10jk

Popping into the driving lights is easy- find the hot wire behind the ac cluster that controls those lights and splice into it. No info on the popo, sorry.
I know here in Montana. It is legal to have no doors and no mirrors. As long as you have the one rear view mirror. And any lighting you do to the inside of your vehicle is legal no matter what. So with the doors off and top off your still legal even if running interior lights. I don't know about any where else tho. Sorry
Old 03-01-2011, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by conifers4
Very classy Montaukrubi, what did you use exactly to get that look?
Thanks for the complements. I used pods of 6 leds under the dashes and under each back seat and a 6 led strip under the a/c controls. All are connected to the wireharness that runs under the shifter area. Not sure which wires as I had my dealer leave me with pigtails an I took it from there. If you really need those wire colors I'll reach up there and take a peek. They dim with the dash lights and DO NOT need the overhead on to work.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mfmclain
I like the look of this, and want to do it to my Jeep. Has anyone tried splicing into the driving lights so the LEDs turn on and dimmable when those are on? If so, what wire did you splice into? Anyone able to have the doors off yet? If so, any problems with the law?
Not yet. I dont think that its illegal though
Old 03-01-2011, 07:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MontaukRubi

Thanks for the complements. I used pods of 6 leds under the dashes and under each back seat and a 6 led strip under the a/c controls. All are connected to the wireharness that runs under the shifter area. Not sure which wires as I had my dealer leave me with pigtails an I took it from there. If you really need those wire colors I'll reach up there and take a peek. They dim with the dash lights and DO NOT need the overhead on to work.
Very nice. You sure did a great job
Old 03-01-2011, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

i put a blue led strip above where my fan controls are and the glare at night was pretty bad. i installed two little lights in the corners and that works like a charm

Quick Reply: Led footwell lighting.