Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LCD that works w/ the 6 disc DVD changer?

Old 11-14-2007, 03:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCD that works w/ the 6 disc DVD changer?

Has any manufacturer yet developed an LCD panel that flips up on the top of the dash and can be connected the factory 6 disc DVD changer?

I saw this daystar panel and thought it would be nice to get a GPS unit, but then thought that would be the ideal location for a flip up LCD that could connect to the factory DVD receiver.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The quick answer is no - nobody has made something like that as far as mfg's go. Beermonkey I think it was did a DIY screen on the console though.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I hope somebody reads this and starts making kits. I would buy one.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by putnam dan
Its bloody hard to find a simple flat panel LCD for video input only, any one got ideas?
At the recommendation of sQuid, I got the Sony XVM-F65WL 6.5" video screen with wireless receiver (ordered it from Amazon for only $155). I've been very pleased w/ the quality so far. The unit has 2 Video ins and 1 Video out. Check out My Project JK gallery for photos.

Quick Reply: LCD that works w/ the 6 disc DVD changer?