Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

killswitch and peperspray !!

Old 08-15-2009, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default killswitch and peperspray !!

but i did not do it yet. ( o by the way i speak french so sorry for my english )

ok i was thinking about that. a killswitch ok simple ... once you find the damn blue and orange wire... and you do something with peperspray. i thought about that and it should be fairly simple. need one bottle of peper spray and maby a servo. you fab a bracket find a place under the dash put the servo over the bottle triger and ... this is where im not sure ... you conect it to something that will make it spray if the alarm or something else is on. so even good thieft would not be able to steal from the inside. it can still be towed. you just need to put a 180 db horn hahahha and it should be ok after that. anyway there is not much thief where i live.

ps i would realy like to know where is the fuel pupm wire i already looked but i did not have good information.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

So if someone sets it off accidentally, you are the only one who gets to enjoy it?

I think it is a bad idea, for several reasons, not the least of which would be the liability you would face the first time it went off and you get sued.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pepper spray is a bad idea. Sorry but you bought a jeep, one of the least secure vehicles out there. Kill switch is about your only practical method. You can take the fuse for the fuel pump, put a switch on the wire, pull the starter relay, tons of options. Personally, I'm more worried about items being stolen from my Jeep than the Jeep being stolen. It's insured...
Old 08-15-2009, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

it might be like land mine if its not marked somewhere its illegal. but i was just puting a interesting idea. im not realy thinking about peperspray ... anywhay its illegal here. here in quebec i think if someone hase a accident with your truck/car/jeep while steeling it you are responsable... you cant even put freekin security sistem that can hurt someone in your home. he gets hurt you are responsable... there is no way to defend ourself here except with our fist.. pitifull.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:02 PM
JK Freak

Hey here's some ideas
http://www.stickdeath.com/2004auto.html
Old 08-15-2009, 04:04 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by OlegFl
Just wondering... how can I get sued if some is stealing my Jeep?... or driving it w/o my permission
You'd be surprised what kind of lawsuits are out there, such as people getting shot while breaking into someone's house...it's extremely possible.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by renegadelt1
I LIKE THEM ALL!
Old 08-15-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
You'd be surprised what kind of lawsuits are out there, such as people getting shot while breaking into someone's house...it's extremely possible.
which is why you make sure you kill them if you're going to shoot them...
Old 08-15-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
I LIKE THEM ALL!
At last someone with a sense of humor
Old 08-15-2009, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is this thread serious or a joke? WTF

Quick Reply: killswitch and peperspray !!