Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Kicker Speaker Upgrade for 2012 Wrangler

Old 12-05-2012, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kicker Speaker Upgrade for 2012 Wrangler

I have the 730n radio in my Wrangler. I wanted to get the Kicker upgrade speakers and keep my stock sub for now and replace it later. From what I've read on other forums, the kicker speakers are pretty worthless without their amp (77kick56). The problem that I, and many others, have ran into is that kicker can't get their story straight. They tell some people it won't power the sub and they tell others it will.

I was wondering if their amp (77kick56) will still power the factory sub. Has anybody installed the upgrade amp? If so, does it still power the factory sub? How do the new speakers compare to the factory speakers?
Old 12-05-2012, 01:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I upgraded to the kicker speakers in the front, there is for sure a improvement, the factory infinity speakers kept cutting out even bran new they were awe ful and had the dealer replace a set. Upgraded to the kicker ones and never looked back.

Quick Reply: Kicker Speaker Upgrade for 2012 Wrangler