Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Kicker Bolt-on Mopar Upgrade

Old 09-20-2010, 12:42 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by burnout88
... It's worth the $70 bucks. All of the postive reviews still have not convinced you?
Nah, I'm cheap. But, it really does sound nice even with just the front two speakers. I'll eventually do the sound bar speakers so, if I'm happy or not, at least I can speak from experience.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What about the sub and amp?

Anyone also have the Mopar Kicker sub and amp? I've seen pictures of it online, and the sub seems to come in a little oval enclosure and hooks onto the back seat, but from the pictures, I cant tell exactly the location. Anyone have this and can snap a more zoomed out pic. Also, the amp bolts on under the steering column? And how does it sound compared to the infinity sub and amp? waste of money? Thanks
Old 09-20-2010, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zacjackson
Has anyone upgraded from the Infinity speakers to the Kickers? Is it worth the cost?
Yes I just did and there is a huge difference in the sound quality....seems to be a lot more bass (which I like) than the Infinity speakers and you can actually hear the sound bar speakers. There is also a noticable difference in the size of the magnets between the Kicker and the Infinity speakers. I did not change the subwoofer, haven't seen the need to yet.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to have to add this to my list of things to do someday!
I have the Infinity system right now and Kickers aren't really too expensive and I'd like more bass for sure!
Old 09-20-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chipmaker
I would like to know this also, seems most of the people that upgraded to kicker were non-infinity owners. And also, if the kickers are an improvement, i wonder if other, even better than kicker speakers would be an even better improvement. Cause i love JL Audio.
Yes the Kicker speakers sound ALOT better than the Infinity. I also love me some JL Audio and originally bought some for the 4 speaker change out and ended up returning them and getting the Kicker speakers.....why you ask....because the front speaker change out from the factory 3 bolt bracket was going to be a b*tch. Luckly the factory Kicker upgrade has the 3 bolt style mount. I changed all 4 speakers out in about an hour and three beers..
Old 09-20-2010, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Now you are making me want to do this changeout this weekend.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:50 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerrod710
Now you are making me want to do this changeout this weekend.
Even with the bolt-in feature that Hasten3 describes, do be aware that the front speakers are a pain. But, well worth the effort (at least for my base RES unit).
Old 10-06-2010, 12:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Even with the bolt-in feature that Hasten3 describes, do be aware that the front speakers are a pain. But, well worth the effort (at least for my base RES unit).
Does Kicker or any other brand make a replacement sub that can drop into the stock infinity sub enclosure by the tailgate? Seems like it would be feasible. I'd rather replace my stock sub and have the same enclosure with a better subwoofer then have an additional sub box behind my back seat.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by roadking54
Does Kicker or any other brand make a replacement sub that can drop into the stock infinity sub enclosure by the tailgate? Seems like it would be feasible. I'd rather replace my stock sub and have the same enclosure with a better subwoofer then have an additional sub box behind my back seat.
I would also like to swap out the factory Sub, anyone have any input?
Old 10-22-2010, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JaxLoki

I would also like to swap out the factory Sub, anyone have any input?
I have seen this done with a JL sub. He had to make a an adaptor for it to fit tho because the magnet on the stock infinity is very short in depth and the JL was about an inch or so longer...

So is anyone running this set up with the infinity sub as well, therefor having 2 subs in the back?? Any type of rythmatic frequency differences/problems? Also Is this new amp powerful enough to run both subs and all 6 infinity speakers(I'm countin the tweeters as well)

Quick Reply: Kicker Bolt-on Mopar Upgrade