Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Kicker Bolt-on Mopar Upgrade

Old 09-17-2010, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kicker Bolt-on Mopar Upgrade

Anybody have this, and can say how much of a difference it makes from stock and stock premium options. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2010, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

I have the kicker sub and that thing rocks!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have all the mopar kicker speakers installed and they sound excellent. I did a write up on. See the below link

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...kers-installed
Old 09-18-2010, 01:08 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I have the Kicker Mopar replacement speakers installed just in the front two--and it's incredible what a difference it made for my sound. There's so little sound coming from the rear speakers, and that's an amp problem not speaker, that I didn't bother with them. I have the base RES unit and the difference is unbelievable. Consider this: How does your system sound? Now, when I turn up the volume in mine I feel it--the brake pedal vibrates, the driver's door mirror vibrates. And it's acceptably clear sound with tons of bass and clear trebles. All of this from simply changing the two front speakers. And, no, I don't have a subwoofer, and I no longer feel that I need one.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone upgraded from the Infinity speakers to the Kickers? Is it worth the cost?
Old 09-19-2010, 01:58 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by zacjackson
Has anyone upgraded from the Infinity speakers to the Kickers? Is it worth the cost?
When the Kicker speakers were first introduced onto the forum someone did. And he was probably the only person to say they made little difference in his sound. All of the rest of us have been pretty wowed.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zacjackson
I would like to know this also, seems most of the people that upgraded to kicker were non-infinity owners. And also, if the kickers are an improvement, i wonder if other, even better than kicker speakers would be an even better improvement. Cause i love JL Audio.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love the Kickers. I have them in the front and the soundbar. I don't have a sub and am with Mark in the feeling that I don't need one. I have a soft top and these speakers made it so much more fun to drive w/ the top and doors off because I can actually hear the stereo with the sound of the wind and when I drive the one the sound of the ocean crashing into the shore. Really makes my day to jam to some killer tunes on a nice summer day w/ the top down.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

i did both the sound bar and dash and it is worth it. the sound is awesome.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I have the Kicker Mopar replacement speakers installed just in the front two--and it's incredible what a difference it made for my sound. There's so little sound coming from the rear speakers, and that's an amp problem not speaker, that I didn't bother with them. I have the base RES unit and the difference is unbelievable. Consider this: How does your system sound? Now, when I turn up the volume in mine I feel it--the brake pedal vibrates, the driver's door mirror vibrates. And it's acceptably clear sound with tons of bass and clear trebles. All of this from simply changing the two front speakers. And, no, I don't have a subwoofer, and I no longer feel that I need one.
Mark, you still have not upgraded your sound bar yet. It's actually not just an amp issue. They really do also make a very noticeable difference in the sound bar. The kicker has a much higher efficency and will produce more range and volume. It's worth the $70 bucks. All of the postive reviews still have not convinced you?

Quick Reply: Kicker Bolt-on Mopar Upgrade