Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Key fob stopped working

Old 11-05-2014, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key fob stopped working

Tried unlocking the doors of my 2010 jku and didn't work thought it was the battery but I used the spare key and it will not work. Is there a fuse or an easy fix without going to the dealer?
Old 11-05-2014, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd try disconnecting the battery for a little while. Might not do anything but I'd try that first.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This happened to me a couple months ago. I hit unlock one day and the alarm went off and the keyfob was unresponsive after that. Couldn't stop the alarm from going off. Had to remove the alarm fuse and jump start to get to the dealer. $300 to reprogram a new key (i bought used and only came with one key)
No other solution. A spare is an additional $200 btw. Fml lol
Old 11-05-2014, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Iv got. 2010 also. Jkus. I didnt get the spare btw. Also, when the fob was not working the key would open the door but alarm would still go off. Key in the ingnition and turn did nothing. Alarm still wouldn't stop.

Quick Reply: Key fob stopped working