Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

KC windsheild lights

Old 03-31-2012, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC windsheild lights

Those of you who have these ,
What are doing as for behind the brackets ?
Between the windshield hinge & the bracket ?
I mounted mine up temporarily but now I want to get something behind there , so it's not a metal on metal ... Pro & cons to this ?

Another thing, I've had these on for 3 months & is this a normal sight ? :( ...

I contacted KC & they offered me new brackets , so thanks ! They do stand behind these things 100% ! So not a compliant there , more so a concern to improve hardware & bracket quality .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1424318958.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	297814   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-931600364.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	297815  

Last edited by JackDANJK22; 03-31-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:23 AM
JnT
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine have been on all winter with no rust issues. Must have been an issue with the paint on yours. I just bolted mine up with nothing behind. Just made sure it was perfectly clean before mounting them.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can use that colored craft foam from a craft store and cut it to fit. I have it behind mine and it works great. You just have to make sure that it is very clean behind it so you dont scratch.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

well thats good to hear , Hopefully mine are just faulty ! KC is sending me replacement Brackets & hardware So maybe they will come from the good batch !!! I am still uneasy of just the metal on metal of the Windshield Mount & , i just imagine a rust tumor under them ! lol
Old 03-31-2012, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by denverrubi
You can use that colored craft foam from a craft store and cut it to fit. I have it behind mine and it works great. You just have to make sure that it is very clean behind it so you dont scratch.
Not a bad idea ........ Does it retain moisture against them though ? how thick is that stuff ?
Old 03-31-2012, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackDANJK22
Not a bad idea ........ Does it retain moisture against them though ? how thick is that stuff ?
I havent noticed any problems with it. Mine came with the winshield brackets. I added some for my KC light bar and so far so good. Just use the thinest stuff you can find. I think what I have is about a 1/16th of an inch thick.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by denverrubi

I havent noticed any problems with it. Mine came with the winshield brackets. I added some for my KC light bar and so far so good. Just use the thinest stuff you can find. I think what I have is about a 1/16th of an inch thick.
Copy that ! Thanks !

As far as my 3 month old rusty brackets ! No one else with this issue ??????
Old 03-31-2012, 07:43 AM
Cal
JK Newbie

No issues with mine. I. Used clear tub caulking spread on the entire mount surface of the brackets to mine.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cal
No issues with mine. I. Used clear tub caulking spread on the entire mount surface of the brackets to mine.
Deff another option ! Thanks ! I used clear synthetic grease just for a while until a better permanent solution ! I love the options & thanks in advance for anyone's ideas & those who have suggested !

I can't believe I'm the only rusty bracket , guess good thing I got with KC for replacement of my faultys !
Old 03-31-2012, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

Have the same issue as in your pic, I had to take them off to get my windshield replaced so when put them back on I cleaned them and plasti dipped them, I guess I need to contact KC also..

Quick Reply: KC windsheild lights