Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

KC Slimlite installed to Fog Lights?

Old 01-07-2011, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC Slimlite installed to Fog Lights?

I had the stock fogs with the old stock bumper. Now I have a new pair of KC slimlite 100w... Can they be installed by splicing into the old fog light wiring so instead of using a switch I use my standard fog off/on which powered the old ones? If so any certain things I need to be careful about?
Old 01-07-2011, 12:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FirewalkerSahara
I had the stock fogs with the old stock bumper. Now I have a new pair of KC slimlite 100w... Can they be installed by splicing into the old fog light wiring so instead of using a switch I use my standard fog off/on which powered the old ones? If so any certain things I need to be careful about?

I believe the stock fog wires only support 55w max so if you plan on doing so it possible it could cause an issue

I dont know too much about electical but i think there is a way you can attach the relay to the fog wiring so it turns on when using the interior switch but the power is running off its own cables attached to the battery

Here a wiring diagram someone sent me if you can read it, bc i cant lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fog_Light_Wiring.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	115836  

Last edited by Croce; 01-07-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

I got a 55 watt fog lights to steel bumper, and the long range lights mounted to the windshild brackets on a another switch.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah won't work. An alternative would be an hid fog light that draw less power.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I wired it the traditional way as instructed.... but where can I ground the wire from the on off switch. My switch will be going on the bottom center console below the hazard light and ESP switch. Thanks

Quick Reply: KC Slimlite installed to Fog Lights?