Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

KC long range lights + Painless 7 Circuit block + Daystar 4 switch panel

Old 01-13-2014, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by countrydude1992
That would defeat the purpose of the painless system.
That may be. But maybe not.

Of course you can power the KCs from the Painless. You can remove 25 amp fuse on yellow wire and connect to Painless. You can also remove 3 amp fuse on white wire and connect to Painless IF you replace the Painless 20 amp fuse with a 3 amp for that circuit. Otherwise, leave the 3 amp fuse in-line to protect the small gauge wiring and switch for the control circuit.

The Painless 70107 has 20 amp fuses for each circuit. The main feeder from the battery is 10 gauge wire and has a 50 amp circuit breaker. Besides the lights, what other devices that draw less than 20 amps would you power under the hood? Maybe an air pump? Lockers?

A winch has to go direct to the battery where it might pull up to 450 amps.

My CB, radar detector, backup camera and dash cam are all powered from my aux circuit using a CFE JK-APT2011 terminal under the dash behind my glove box where it's accessible. I didn't want to power those from under the hood since they are totally in the passenger compartment.

Last edited by Sahara Lee; 01-13-2014 at 05:27 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I said, that's a big negative of the painless system. It's made for smaller devices. I was just saying how the OP could use the painless system along with the lights
Old 01-13-2014, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok not play devils advocate but why don't u run ur main power to ur relay from ur out side of your circuit breaker and then switch power thru the fuse box? That will eliminate the big amp draw thru the fuse box.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ssdudas
Ok not play devils advocate but why don't u run ur main power to ur relay from ur out side of your circuit breaker and then switch power thru the fuse box? That will eliminate the big amp draw thru the fuse box.
You sir, possess the wisdom of Solomon.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sahara Lee
You sir, possess the wisdom of Solomon.
Why thank you sir

Quick Reply: KC long range lights + Painless 7 Circuit block + Daystar 4 switch panel