Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

KC lights or others in bumper?

Old 10-23-2013, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC lights or others in bumper?

K guys im in the process of building my own bumper. I am considering replacing my stock 2913 jk fog lamps with some badass KCs or other brands. Is this possible to do with the same fog lamp wiring? That would be awesome. The practicality is some off road extra vision at night and mainly seeing deer on the dirt road which i live on. Actually would be safer On my way to work early and coming home after dark.
**** i know using these lights on yhe road is probably illegal... I live in the bonnies, no cars, enough said.
**** jeep newbie and mech. Engineer, not electrical lol
Thanks for ideas/tips/warnings
Old 10-23-2013, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

KC's are a thing of the past bro, get up on them LED's. They are much brighter, last way longer, and draw way less power, and generally the same price range for the POD's unless your ok with some China stuff then they can be had for cheap and just as good. I have a 50" and 4 sets of 6 LED pod like the Duellys and I can light up the trail like it's day time. I also paid under a G for it all
Old 10-23-2013, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok so i go with LED lights then. It might sound stupid but could i get 2 badass ones to light up my way in place of the stock fog lamps? Use same wiring hopefully?
Old 10-23-2013, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

YUP, check out Rigid they pretty much own the market and sell a great product. They sell the bracket that allows you to replace your stock fog lights with the square LED's. SUPER BRIGHT and if you go with a flood then you could possibly use them on the road a bit...
Old 10-23-2013, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by finndogg
YUP, check out Rigid they pretty much own the market and sell a great product. They sell the bracket that allows you to replace your stock fog lights with the square LED's. SUPER BRIGHT and if you go with a flood then you could possibly use them on the road a bit...
Cool man thanks for the info. Yea id like to use them on the road as well as off road. Of course on dirt only, when no cars are around. So i just gotta mount brackets then use stock fog lamp wiring eh? Nicee.

Quick Reply: KC lights or others in bumper?