Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

KC lights not working?

Old 11-24-2015, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC lights not working?

I just bought some KC lights to be mounted on the A pillars. Followed the diagram and checked multiple times for errors. Wired the switch exactly as the instructions say and the green led light comes on. When I flip the switch the relay clicks as it should. But no light. Any suggestions? I'm confused. I've checked the fuses and they look good as well. I know the ground for the switch is good because the green light comes on. I've even tried placing the ground wire on the negative terminal to make sure the ground wasn't the issue.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it were me just to check that they work, I'd run jumpers straight to the battery and then ensure they work. Then go from there and see what's up.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

First do what blue says.

Are the lights grounded to the chassis or back to the relay? Can you post a pic of the relay connections? Link to the actual lights you purchased?
Old 11-25-2015, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found the problem. Schematics were wrong. Hot wire from relay needed to go to positive and the instructions had it going to ground.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cool. Glad you got it sorted.

Quick Reply: KC lights not working?