Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

KC HiLites Switch problem

Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC HiLites Switch problem

So I woke up this morning after a nice peaceful night of torrential downpour to find the drivers side floor under 3" of water. No big deal. Pulled the drain plugs and pulled the carpeting out. Rained all day. Checked back later....another big a$$ puddle. Ok, so where the f*CK is it coming from?

I ran my KC light switch into the drivers side door. Only thing I can think of...its pushing back the weather seal a bit and the water is cascading in. But it doesn't make any sense...The caliber of the wiring is too thin to make a difference??

Anyone have this issue. Dealership wants me to bring it in. I want to figure it out myself. Where/how do you run your switch so it doesn't come in through the door? I have the 2013 Unlimited.

Help with the water thing! It's too damn cold to swiM!!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bumper mounted?
I run my wires through the firewall where the wires for the hardtop go. It's up high on the drivers side by the steering shaft. Since I don't have a hardtop, it's a rubber plug that I made a small hole in. There are other areas on the firewall that come through to the cab.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FDHog
Bumper mounted?
I run my wires through the firewall where the wires for the hardtop go. It's up high on the drivers side by the steering shaft. Since I don't have a hardtop, it's a rubber plug that I made a small hole in. There are other areas on the firewall that come through to the cab.
Whoa, didn't even know I could do that. I am running a soft top as well. Where is this located? Can you post a pic sometime this week if I can't find it?

Windshield mounted lights btw. Running them in through the engine bay into the piece that leads to the door. Pic included.Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	426781

Quick Reply: KC HiLites Switch problem