Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

KC HiLITES H4 Headlight Issues

Old 10-30-2015, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC HiLITES H4 Headlight Issues

I continue to have issues with the H13 to H4 connectors on my KC headlights. I emailed KC this morning but have not heard back. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this issue and found a fix.

More specifically, my headlights lose power and if they are tapped by hand they come back on. I have removed and reconnected the adapters multiple times and applied dielectric grease with no long term results.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

Yes, I have experienced this with no fix that I was able to come up with other than buying LED headlights.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Hmm this isn't good....I was looking at the very same kit. Perhaps even IPF or Delta is a better way to go.

It's just a wire harness nothing fancy. Perhaps take a look at the the pins within the KC sockets, maybe they are loose (wider then they should be) a small screw driver (tweaked) could be used to carefully move the blades back and make them tighter fit.

Tapping them to make them work indicates a loose or poor connection. Heat will also indicate a loose connection.

Hope this helps
Old 11-01-2015, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I purchased new H4 bulbs and will be swapping them out today or tomorrow. I didn't like the light output of the bulbs that came with the conversion. I will check for loose connections. Thanks for the input.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Potato Potato
I purchased new H4 bulbs and will be swapping them out today or tomorrow. I didn't like the light output of the bulbs that came with the conversion. I will check for loose connections. Thanks for the input.
Thanks let us know how things work out. Was the H 4 bulb KC supplied just not that good?

I'm trying to decide on these, IPF or Delta conversion. LEDs are not in my budget and want to replace stockers to allow me to see at night. Lol

The connection is very similar concept as plugging in a house hold plug to a wall outlet. Loose blades in the socket can cause loose or intermittent connections.

I've replaced well used and worn out 120vac outlets that have fixed similar issues.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was able to pry the female H4 connectors on the wiring harness inwards to make more contact. So far so good.

I purchased new bulbs (Silverstars) to better match the color of the KC LED fog lights I recently installed.

Overall the KC H4 kit is okay. The light output is slightly better than stock and I think the lights themselves look great. I purchased the kit for the same reason many people do, because my budget did not allow for LED headlights. Now that I have KC LED fog lights, I really want to pick up some of the KC gravity headlights, but wow, $500.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:33 PM
JK Freak

It's probably the H4/H13 adapter. Try putting zip ties around the adapter in an X pattern.

Quick Reply: KC HiLITES H4 Headlight Issues