Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

KC Hilite switch

Old 02-04-2009, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC Hilite switch

Ok, 2 questions. Ever since I installed these lights it looks like there is a little led bulb on the on side of the switch. Is it really a led, and if so when should it come on? (when the lights are on, off, or both). 2nd, I was driving down a desolate road last night and went to flip the lights on and the switch was hard to make the lights work, it got to where I had to hold the switch on to make them light up, I flipped the switch on and off several times with more than normal force and it now seems to work correctly other than no led.
otnman
Old 02-04-2009, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by otnman
Ok, 2 questions. Ever since I installed these lights it looks like there is a little led bulb on the on side of the switch. Is it really a led, and if so when should it come on? (when the lights are on, off, or both). 2nd, I was driving down a desolate road last night and went to flip the lights on and the switch was hard to make the lights work, it got to where I had to hold the switch on to make them light up, I flipped the switch on and off several times with more than normal force and it now seems to work correctly other than no led.
otnman
LED is supposed to light up to let u know the switch is on. reminding u to turn it off so u don't have a dead batt in the moring. if u don't got led on u wired it up wrong.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

-Sounds like you have a bad switch since you were having to hold it to make it work. I'd get a new one
-If the switch does have an led in it, it should only light up when you turn the lights on. If it's the same switch that I got with both pairs of my kc's it should be almost oval shaped and it will have 3 connectors on the back, 2 of the connectors being load and accessory (+) (which sounds like you have those two hooked up since the lights are coming on).. but on the 3rd connector labeled "earth" (-) will need a ground wire ran to it in order for the led to light up.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HahaJK
-but on the 3rd connector labeled "earth" (-) will need a ground wire ran to it in order for the led to light up.
yeah, that's how i have it wired. I know I have it grounded and all other wiring is right. I guess I just got a bum switch.

otnman

Quick Reply: KC Hilite switch