Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

KC Daylighters sweating

Old 04-11-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC Daylighters sweating

I put KC Daylighters on about 4 weeks ago and I noticed one of them has sweat on the inside, how big of an issue is this? Its one of my bumper lights so it will be under water at so point no matter how much I say I wont get it in deep water. And if it is a big issue what to do?
Old 04-11-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CherryRedJK
I put KC Daylighters on about 4 weeks ago and I noticed one of them has sweat on the inside, how big of an issue is this? Its one of my bumper lights so it will be under water at so point no matter how much I say I wont get it in deep water. And if it is a big issue what to do?
Try putting vaseline on the gasket so it will seal better. Also don't worry about submerging them think about all the other electrical components in your jeep, they get wet all the time
Old 04-14-2011, 12:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CherryRedJK
I've had my lights fore some time now. I purchased 4 at the same time. And 1 of them developed the same proble as you have mentioned. I contacted KC about the problem. And they promptly sent me a new gasket. However this did not correct the problem. I went back and siliconed the gasket in place. But the moisture still remained. I suspect that the wire entry may need some silicone also. But I have not tried it yet. If the moisture should come in contact with the lamp while it is opperating. The lamp would be distroyed instantly. So far, this has not been the case. As long as the moisture is just inside the casing. Then corrosion would most likely be the only concern.

Quick Reply: KC Daylighters sweating