Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Kc daylighter oroblem

Old 12-30-2011, 02:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kc daylighter oroblem

Anyone have issues with the 3a fuses blowing? Just wired two sets up, got my lowers to work but uppers wouldn't. When I checked the wiring to switches both were the same, but the the lower 3a blew, no exposed wires or anything, going to get some new fuses today but don't know if there is something I'm doing wrong. Whites going to positive as per sheet, yellow too, although there is no specufic terminal to hook the yellows, I put them on positive too as the paper said battery+
Old 12-30-2011, 02:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ericcbaker1199
Anyone have issues with the 3a fuses blowing? Just wired two sets up, got my lowers to work but uppers wouldn't. When I checked the wiring to switches both were the same, but the the lower 3a blew, no exposed wires or anything, going to get some new fuses today but don't know if there is something I'm doing wrong. Whites going to positive as per sheet, yellow too, although there is no specufic terminal to hook the yellows, I put them on positive too as the paper said battery+
I had a blown 3a fuse on my KC slim lights. I replaced it and no problems since then. The yellow goes on the battery and the white goes to a power source that the ignition turns on.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ericcbaker1199
anyone have issues with the 3a fuses blowing? Just wired two sets up, got my lowers to work but uppers wouldn't. When i checked the wiring to switches both were the same, but the the lower 3a blew, no exposed wires or anything, going to get some new fuses today but don't know if there is something i'm doing wrong. Whites going to positive as per sheet, yellow too, although there is no specufic terminal to hook the yellows, i put them on positive too as the paper said battery+
try swapping the two switches, and see which fuse blows. It could just be a faulty switch. All i can say is good luck. Chasing electrical gremlins suuuucks. But, when all else fails, tear it all out and start from scratch. Sometimes that ends up being better than hours of troubleshooting.

Quick Reply: Kc daylighter oroblem