Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

KC Daylighter not working

Old 08-16-2011, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC Daylighter not working

I have two 130w KC Daylighter mounted on my bumped. Today i noticed that one of them was not working, I am not sure how long it has been like that. So, i checked all the wiring and connections everything looks good. I am assuming that the bulb went out. Am i correct? Do the bulbs tend to go out. I got them used abt a year ago (my first jeep and set of light). If it is the bulb where can i get a replace?

Thanks for your help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110704_203113.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	197552  
Old 08-16-2011, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks, i know how to pull the bulb but is there anything i need to worry about when putting the light back together, like the rubber seal?
Old 08-16-2011, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

They come with a 27 year warranty, send it to KC and they will replace it.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

KC replaces bulbs for FREE!!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cppower
They come with a 27 year warranty, send it to KC and they will replace it.
Originally Posted by OH9JK
KC replaces bulbs for FREE!!
Thanks for the info, i did not buy the lights new though I got them from another forum member. Do you know if it is still possible to get the replacement bulbs?
Old 08-16-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope...original purchaser only

KC HiLiTES 23 Year Warranty Policy

We proudly warranty all of our products against failure for a period of 23 years. If a housing or reflector rusts, if a switch or relay fails, if a cover fades from the sun; we even warranty all of our bulbs against burnout. Exclusions are abuse and damage caused by accidents or road debris. Defective products must be returned to KC HiLiTES, freight prepaid with a pre-approved Return Authorization number. At our option, we will repair or replace the item(s) in question and return them to you at no charge. This warranty is limited to the original purchaser and a sales receipt may be required. After we receive your product, in most cases, it will be repaired or replaced within 2 business days and then returned to you via UPS Ground or US Postal service. UPS Air Freight or Federal Express expedited service is available at your expense. KC HiLiTES is not responsible for any charges incurred by the customer relating to the installation, removal or repair of the product.

To return any KC HiLiTES defective product, please clink on the link below and submit our Return Authorization (RA) form.
Return Authorization
Old 09-10-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

Great information boys - thanks. I would have never guessed they replace bulbs for free. Not sure what happened to mine but the passenger side went out completely and the driver side is partially burn out? Fuses (3 and 20) are good? Any speculation as to what might have gone wrong? I don't what to just throw new ones in without getting to the root cause.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RRCP08JK
Great information boys - thanks. I would have never guessed they replace bulbs for free. Not sure what happened to mine but the passenger side went out completely and the driver side is partially burn out? Fuses (3 and 20) are good? Any speculation as to what might have gone wrong? I don't what to just throw new ones in without getting to the root cause.
The only thing that you can realy do is check your connections. It would be a good idea also to "Lightly" apply some electrical connection compound to the bulb base and any other accessible connections. You can find this compound in the electrical department at any hardware / home supply store. Or, I believe tha white lithium grease will do the same.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

I had a bulb burn out last week. I have had the lights since 2008. I saw this thread and emailed KC. They replied and said send the bulb to them along with my return address. I don't really mind going out and spending $18 for a bulb but I figured what the heck,,, it goes in the mail tomorrow
Nice job KC
Old 12-27-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Freak

I'd check the ground wire first. I've had multiple sets and they are real finicky when the ground comes loose or rust. KC has a great website and they sell every part of the lights ( bulbs, rubber seals, wiring). I had an old set that I bought news parts and refurbished back to new.

Quick Reply: KC Daylighter not working