Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Jw speaker headlights 2011 jk

Old 11-06-2011, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr Rubi
^^^^ shave it down with a dremel
No. You simply loosen its attachment nut and turn it out of the way. The shaving is done to the stock JK plastic light housing (there are a couple nubs protruding that are in the way and should be ground down). Don't mess with the sensor!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakyJake
No. You simply loosen its attachment nut and turn it out of the way. The shaving is done to the stock JK plastic light housing (there are a couple nubs protruding that are in the way and should be ground down). Don't mess with the sensor!
The 2012's have a different configuration for the mount of the airbag sensor than the 2011's and prior. The only 2012 JW speaker installation I saw used a second headlamp assembly ring stacked on top of the original equipment, which spaced out the headlight far enough that modification of the airbag sensor was not needed. It looks a little bug eyed that way, but it was pretty minimal.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

Ordered them today from oveido safety lights. They were more than national4wd but if I ordered from there I would have to pay Canadian import tax for an American made product. Dave at oveido safety took care of me and they are American made only business. Nothing against Canada but I'm sorry trucklite I won't support china or it's products if I have a choice
Old 11-15-2011, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ShakyJake
Actually, the 2012 sensor sits on top of a little shelf, so I couldn't just turn it out of the way. I just removed it (out of the way) and then went at the "plastic shelf" with the dremel and then turned it out of the way, when I reinstalled it. It sounds worse than it was.

The bad part for me was dremeling away at the rings. I didn't know which ones to grind and ended up taking a ton of plastic off the inner ring, which I didn't really need to do. Works great, though. Super happy with these lights.

I just ordered the Vision-X LED Fogs from Offroad Warehouse. I hope that install is a bit easier and throws some more light on things. The factory fogs are not great.

Edit: this is a great tutorial. Not sure if it was posted before: http://www.national4wd.com/?p=2463

Edit 2: who sells the other JW Speaker lights? They make some smoking spots, floods, and other LED lights that would look great. I know HCP in Denver sells some ... but is there somebody online that has the full selection of JW LEDs?

Last edited by platbr; 11-15-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

It's going to be hard to find a vendor with the full line because they can cost so much. I looked at a portable worklight they make and the price was upwards of $2400. I'd call oveido safety and see if they can quote you a price after looking at Jw speakers website, or ask another vendor expect to pay more than other brands but I feel the quality is worth it.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

Got em and they are sweet!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-669928015.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	250947

One installed one stock
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-551492746.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	250950  
Old 12-19-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Loki unlimited
Got em and they are sweet!!!

Attachment 250947

One installed one stock
Very nice. I'm for sure getting these
Old 12-19-2011, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I installed them on my 2011 JK. It was a pretty easy task and took me about 45 minutes. I used a dremel and rotozip bit to cut away extra plastic on the ring. Then loosened the bolt and turned the crash sensors 45 degreed, retightened. Only real difference is that I ordered the JW Speakers with 3 wires instead of a H4 connection. Then I cut off a H13 plug I had from my HID kit, soldered it on to the back of the headlights.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by platbr
Actually, the 2012 sensor sits on top of a little shelf, so I couldn't just turn it out of the way. I just removed it (out of the way) and then went at the "plastic shelf" with the dremel and then turned it out of the way, when I reinstalled it. It sounds worse than it was.
The 2011s also sit on a little shelf. But if you loosen the nut enough, you can still rotate the sensor past the shelf, then retighten.

Quick Reply: Jw speaker headlights 2011 jk