Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JW Speaker EVO J tail light malfuction

Old 02-23-2016, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've already googled it and the closest possible theory is a bad turn signal switch. So I recently installed the JW Speaker EVO J tail lights. One night sitting at a stop sign I noticed my rear signal wasn't flashing but the front was. I released the brakes and it started flashing again. Got home and verified the problem was on both sides but the front acted normal (no smartass remarks). I contacted JW Speaker but they won't help and told me to take the issue to the parts dealer. So I'm currently waiting on Northridge4x4 to respond. Helpful comments only. Anyone else can pound sand.
https://youtu.be/QbUXiJ3WzdU
UPDATE: Same problem with the OE lights.

Last edited by greasemunkey81; 02-24-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Still have the OEM tail lamps? Plug them back in and see if you have the same symptoms.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try double checking the installation of those resisters that are needed for those LED lights.

Last edited by RodCyn; 02-28-2016 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
Still have the OEM tail lamps? Plug them back in and see if you have the same symptoms.
I was gonna do that after class today. Noticed this morning it doesn't do it with the headlights off.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by greasemunkey81
I've already googled it and the closest possible theory is a bad turn signal switch. So I recently installed the JW Speaker EVO J tail lights. One night sitting at a stop sign I noticed my rear signal wasn't flashing but the front was. I released the brakes and it started flashing again. Got home and verified the problem was on both sides but the front acted normal (no smartass remarks). I contacted JW Speaker but they won't help and told me to take the issue to the parts dealer. So I'm currently waiting on Northridge4x4 to respond. Helpful comments only. Anyone else can pound sand.
https://youtu.be/QbUXiJ3WzdU
UPDATE: Same problem with the OE lights.
If that is truly their customer service, I know why I don't run, recommend or like their products. there are way better products out there.

Quick Reply: JW Speaker EVO J tail light malfuction