Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Jw speaker anti flicker harness connection

Old 03-27-2015, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jw speaker anti flicker harness connection

I have searched and searche'd on this and have not found anything regarding where the headlights connect into the anti flicker harness, the three blade connector that is not water tight. Has anyone had any issues with this or is there a fix short of splicing the headlight harness into the anti flicker harness? I packed the connection full of dialectric grease however there are many open points to this for moisture. All the installs I've seen they don't even put dialectic grease on before putting the connectors toegether. Where the anti flicker harness connects to the factory harness it's completely sealed. Just seems odd.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jw harness.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	603525  

Last edited by CincyJKUR; 03-27-2015 at 09:55 AM. Reason: pic added
Old 04-21-2015, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cindy, I've been running my JW Speaker Evo 2 headlights with no "anti-flicker" module at all with no problems whatsoever. A couple local guys I've met also run HID's with no capacitor or resistor with no flicker problems. You might want to try them out without that module first.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Seattle where it rains a lot. I plugged in my headlights direct and then ziptied the harness up a little above/behind my lights. Haven't had an issue at all. Doubt you have anything to worry about.

Quick Reply: Jw speaker anti flicker harness connection