Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Just Installed Kicker Infinity Amp Upgrade... 77KICK46

Old 10-13-2011, 12:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

... so bottom line, if you stay with the stock HU, you will be limited (or have to make some trade-off's). If you want pure sound as it should be... then you will have to replace the HU, get a decent aftermarket AMP for the speakers, and one to run the Sub. And replace all the speakers. The Infinity speakers are paper cone crap.

For me, right now, the Kicker amp upgrade took my front speakers to a good enough place...
Old 01-05-2012, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

When you went from the infinity amp to the Kicker amp, did you lose all of the output from the infinity sub? I recently switched to a Kicker amp and i lost all sound from the subwoofer.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been tempted to do something like this for over a year...... this post is helping fend off the MOD MONSTER!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NeverStock
I have been tempted to do something like this for over a year...... this post is helping fend off the MOD MONSTER!!!
I wouldn't do it if i were you. I just did this swap a two weeks ago and i am already considering buying a new head unit and aftermarket 5-Channel amp. The Kicker does sound better than the Infinity but what no one ever tells people around here is that it only sounds better in the Mid and High range and that you lose the Low end completely.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by aaron97

I wouldn't do it if i were you. I just did this swap a two weeks ago and i am already considering buying a new head unit and aftermarket 5-Channel amp. The Kicker does sound better than the Infinity but what no one ever tells people around here is that it only sounds better in the Mid and High range and that you lose the Low end completely.
Ditto. I replaced all my speakers and upgraded the amp to the 77kick46 upgrade. Sound from the front is great, but the bar and woofer still sucked. So, ripped out the hu and put in a nice Sony. Sound bar a bit better, but still not what it needs to be.

So, now installing aftermarket 4 channel amp to run the sound bar and the sub (bridging 2 channels for the sub and running each speaker in the bar on its own channel)... From the preamps off the hu and the front running off/thru the wiring harness.

I really believe this setup will properly drive really good sound for the Jk.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by aaron97
When you went from the infinity amp to the Kicker amp, did you lose all of the output from the infinity sub? I recently switched to a Kicker amp and i lost all sound from the subwoofer.
No.. it's still there, such that it is. the 77kick46 still isn't enough power to properly power the sub. I've replaced my sub and am going to drive it off a second amp that is triggered by my HU preamps.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bubbacon
No.. it's still there, such that it is. the 77kick46 still isn't enough power to properly power the sub. I've replaced my sub and am going to drive it off a second amp that is triggered by my HU preamps.
I've been considering that route.. it would be the cheapest way to get results.

Infinity-Kappa-652.9i-installed-in-Soundbar.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

Default 77kick46

I am selling 77KICK46, I bought this for my rubicon just never happened.

Quick Reply: Just Installed Kicker Infinity Amp Upgrade... 77KICK46