Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Just Installed Intake & Exhaust...can't hear stereo. Time to Upgrade!

Old 07-20-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Installed Intake & Exhaust...can't hear stereo. Time to Upgrade!

Just did a Cool Tech & Banks Ram Air...I can't hear my stereo..not that I could before. But now, I really cant... I don't care about audio quality so much since most of my stuff is MP3 or O&A on Sirus, but volume and cost are factors. Looking for the best volume for the price...I've heard Kicker is the way to go? But, need a source for best price and model number. My beast is a 2008 JK X.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just for jeeps.com , has them for about $60 bucks a pair, I think I got free shipping or it was $ 5.00 I can't remember. you get a free something for being a new customer... Night and day difference. Finally just up graded my tweeters...
Old 07-21-2011, 04:46 AM
JK Newbie

Was there a noticable improvement?
Old 07-21-2011, 04:51 AM
JK Newbie

Which ones do you recommend? I'm looking at the Kicker rear "fold down" speakers? Where do these go? The sound bar?
Old 07-21-2011, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Devilock
Which ones do you recommend? I'm looking at the Kicker rear "fold down" speakers? Where do these go? The sound bar?
If it fits the roll bar and it fits the dash. If your looking louder music, just get the speakers and a better amplifier.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by eastcoasting32
If it fits the roll bar and it fits the dash. If your looking louder music, just get the speakers and a better amplifier.
Why is it called a "fold down" speaker?
Old 07-22-2011, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Devilock

Why is it called a "fold down" speaker?
I don't know about that. But the kicker upgrades are better than the stock speakers and in my opinion, but also equal to the infinitys if you have that package. I think your route should be get a headunit that distributes the power equally to your rollbar and dash speakers, get the upgrade speakers if you don't have infinitys, and lastly (just for a better, louder sound) get a 4 channel amp to run those speakers.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eastcoasting32

I don't know about that. But the kicker upgrades are better than the stock speakers and in my opinion, but also equal to the infinitys if you have that package. I think your route should be get a headunit that distributes the power equally to your rollbar and dash speakers, get the upgrade speakers if you don't have infinitys, and lastly (just for a better, louder sound) get a 4 channel amp to run those speakers.
He is right, you need an amp dude. Makes all the difference in the world. If your on a budged shop around for best prices, amazon fitting the bill for me. My opinion you need speakers, amp and head unit. Not sure of your budget I would expect to spend around 400 to 500. You could go cheeper using inexpensive equipment but sacrifice on quality. Good luck!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah always go for quality when it comes to audio. even if on a budget I would def go towards quality. start with installing those kicker upgrades, then get a 4 channel amp and there's your set up.

Quick Reply: Just Installed Intake & Exhaust...can't hear stereo. Time to Upgrade!