Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JKU 2012 Heater Issue

Old 08-23-2012, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKU 2012 Heater Issue

Hi All,

So I’ve noticed over the past few days that my heat isn’t working like it once did. It’s blowing out warm air, when it use to blow out nice and hot with the dial turned all the way up..

A day or two before I noticed the decrease in vent heat, something strange had happened while I was driving. While I had the blowers going, they suddenly shut off for a few seconds, then went back on. It happened once or twice and hasn’t happened since…

I can’t help but think that they are both related somehow…

Just curious if any of you have experienced this and might be kind enough to offer some feedback.

Regards,
Red Eagle
2012 JKU Sport
Old 08-23-2012, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have the auto climate control? If so, the temp sensor may have gone on the fritz.

BTW, congrats on living somewhere you actually need to use a heater these days!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HogHoden
Do you have the auto climate control? If so, the temp sensor may have gone on the fritz.

BTW, congrats on living somewhere you actually need to use a heater these days!
Thanks for replying. no, I dont have auto climate control -
Old 08-23-2012, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd try cycling it through all the settings: heat, a/c, floor, dash, defrost, ect. With all the flaps, doors, motors, etc. that control everything, I guess that either one got stuck or broke. If it's stuck, that may release it. Otherwise, you'll probably have to take it in.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HogHoden
I'd try cycling it through all the settings: heat, a/c, floor, dash, defrost, ect. With all the flaps, doors, motors, etc. that control everything, I guess that either one got stuck or broke. If it's stuck, that may release it. Otherwise, you'll probably have to take it in.
Great tip! Thanks, Ill give it a try

Quick Reply: JKU 2012 Heater Issue