Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JK wouldn't start!!!!!

Old 01-06-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK wouldn't start!!!!!

Ok... I thought I would post this in the electrical since that is what caused my dilema. Let me start my saying that I went out to my JK this morning to start it before work. It was around 17 degrees and covered in frost. All lights and everything worked but it would not start. Turned the key and not a sound.

So now let's go back to yesterday afternoon. I wired my JK so I can add my Hella lights when my light bar comes in a few days. I hadn't finished the job in the nice warn building I was in, so I decided to finish it last night in the freezing cold at my house. I had to trim down my spade connector to fit it into my M8 slot. To make sure I got the right size, I pulled a fuse from the box. Everything went as planned and I completed the wiring.

Yup you are correct! The fuse I pulled was not a spare, but the fuse to the starter relay. What are the chances! After trying to jump it with my battery pack it finally clicked to see what location I pulled the fuse from in the box.
As you guessed it, after I put the fuse back, the good old JK started right up!

I want to say thank you to JK-Ford for all his help with my wiring questions. It has been over 20 years since I have played around with vehicles and my wiring skills had shall we say been lost.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on your new lights and a job well done. You should have many years of enjoyment with your new system.

Quick Reply: JK wouldn't start!!!!!