Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JK rear light wire code

Old 09-27-2015, 12:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK rear light wire code

hi, have a 2015 wrangler Unlimited… bought a chinese version of the anzo LED and it didn't work well…. LEDs out, inconsistent ….so, for now, bought a CREE 3157 LED and put it in …. it works great, stock housing of course but i do need to put in the 50W 6ohm resistor to correct for the flash rate now… i actually like the faster rate but the system warning light in the dash board is annoying so….

quesiton is, there are 3 wires that go to the bulb and i figure the black is ground BUT …which one is the one going to the turn signal/flasher element…. the white/purple or the white/yellow wire ? i guess i can cut one and see if it works when i put the resistor across but…. 50:50 chance but … if i get an answer here, i'd be 100% right the first time...

thanks,

jR
2015 JK unlimited, Guadratec LED headlight,...
Old 09-27-2015, 02:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

On my 2014, I tapped the white/purple for my center high mounted stop lamp. So that should leave the white/yellow for the blinker. And welcome!

Old 09-27-2015, 10:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default wirings for turn sig/stop lamp

ok, great, tnx, will tap that wire to add the resistor….
btw, were you putting in another center stop light ? i mean, the JK already has that LED center from factory above the spare ?!??

j.rho
Old 09-28-2015, 01:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jjrho
ok, great, tnx, will tap that wire to add the resistor….
btw, were you putting in another center stop light ? i mean, the JK already has that LED center from factory above the spare ?!??

j.rho
I relocated my license plate there and needed to tap the light for the license plate light.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default LED , load resistor

Originally Posted by 14Sport
I relocated my license plate there and needed to tap the light for the license plate light.
well, tnx for the info; I attached the 6ohm 50W across the black and wh/yellow and now it's flashing at correct rate...

thanks, jR

poor man's LED tail light........
Old 10-06-2015, 02:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jjrho
well, tnx for the info; I attached the 6ohm 50W across the black and wh/yellow and now it's flashing at correct rate...

thanks, jR

poor man's LED tail light........
Good job! That's how we roll.

Quick Reply: JK rear light wire code