Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JK light bar?

Old 01-12-2008, 05:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK light bar?

Could it be possible that there is STILL no good light bar out for us JK'ers? (something like the delta bar for TJ's. Or.... I think I saw this in one of the SEMA photos... something like the older Jeep Liberty Renegade light bars. Only it would still have to allow room for the freedom tops, etc. to be removed.) Am I the only one that thinks... OK. enough with the front bumpers! We have plenty of choices for now in that department. How about some other bolt on goodies! The top of my Rubi is looking pretty naked.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm dying for a lightbar. I see all these other older Wrangler owners crusing around with their 4 lights on top of their windshield and it kinda pisses me off. I even have a stronger battery picked out for when someone does make a lightbar.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

KMA FAbrications .com
They will Fab one to your needs or you can look at the one they have already designed. I talked to them at the Offroad Expo this past weekend and got to see one for the JK in person. I would really like 5 light tabs instead of the 4 the current bar they have out has, but hey its all a design change away.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by serveapurpose
KMA FAbrications .com
They will Fab one to your needs or you can look at the one they have already designed. I talked to them at the Offroad Expo this past weekend and got to see one for the JK in person. I would really like 5 light tabs instead of the 4 the current bar they have out has, but hey its all a design change away.
I've seen that bar before and it looks good and well made. I think someone one here has one as well.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by defkon
I've seen that bar before and it looks good and well made. I think someone one here has one as well.

There was a person that had it! They are no longer a sponsor here though...
When I saw it at the Expo it looked better in person, the JK it was on had it painted to match his accents... it was very sturdy I would just like to see it with 5 light tabs stretched the full length of the winshield, since I plan on mounting a Defender basket up there someday.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

wow, I like that one. how much $?
Old 10-08-2008, 04:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wouldn't work if you like to park in a garage! Goodbye light bar!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Wouldn't work if you like to park in a garage! Goodbye light bar!
that is the only raeson why i wont get a lightbar. I park in to many damn garages. as it sits now I can stick my hand out over the roof and touch the roof of the garages.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I decided to have my mechanic fab me a light bar and I couldn't be happier with the look.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KC now makes a light bar for the hood hinges as well. Pretty nice but I am not sure if it would interfere a lot with drivers view.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12110_411.htm

Quick Reply: JK light bar?