Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JK Instrument panel not working but wipers on

Old 11-19-2020, 10:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy JK Instrument panel not working but wipers on

Hey All, I've got a JK 2009 Wrangler and just got a fault where the instrument panel, steering column switches, blinkers, etc have stopped working but the wipers/headlights remain on. Anyone experienced something similar and what's the fix/help? GB
Old 07-20-2023, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gary.beavan
Hey All, I've got a JK 2009 Wrangler and just got a fault where the instrument panel, steering column switches, blinkers, etc have stopped working but the wipers/headlights remain on. Anyone experienced something similar and what's the fix/help? GB
I have a 2008 JK Wrangler that did that . I did the 18 hour hard reset it fixed some of the problems but now the windshield wipers come in when you turn on the key then nothing works on the dash. If I disconnect the battery wait 10 seconds then reconnect the battery, turn on the key and everything works fine. It does it every time I turn off the key.
The following users liked this post:
Mike-Montreal (01-30-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everybody for posting. I have a 2010 JK Wrangler who is doing the exact same thing. When I reconnect the battery, after 10 seconds, and turn on the key the car runs fine too. When a steering column “clockspring” replacement recall gets performed I’ll see if the problem persists. I would be very much interested in finding out how anybody found a permanent fix. Much appreciated to all.

Quick Reply: JK Instrument panel not working but wipers on