Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JK Electrical Problems...Anyone Help ?

Old 09-13-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Electrical Problems...Anyone Help ?

I recently bought a new 4x4 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier. For now, it forced me to remove 3rd tail light. Been like this for awhile. Even more recently I bought Silverstar HID upgrade headlights. Eveything worked fine for a few days. All of a sudden, without warning I have problems. When I turn the JK on, the headlights automatically come on low beam as well as all running lights. They go off when Jk is turned off. While running, I have no high beams, no blinkers (flashers still work)no wipers at all, no interior light by the switch. Back gate works interior light just fine. Radio backlight is very dim. Can't hardly see it in daytime. I have checked trouble codes...There are none. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions ? Please e-mail me at Firetek200@yahoo.com.
My jk is an 07' wrangler X 4x4 6-speed manual, 3.8L
Old 09-13-2008, 11:39 AM
JK Freak

Exactly what did you do to your rig? It sounds like you have gotten a short. I have no idea where, but that is what it would seem. The other possibility would be a bad "stick" the one on the steering column that controls your lights etc. I have read other posts where this went bad and they had all kinds of funky problems, eg. wipers, high beams, etc.
Come to think of it.. this would be my first personal guess to resolve the issue.

good luck and let us know.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely take it to the dealership and have them run a diagonistic... You have a serious issue..
Old 09-13-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Default Good answer...Don't know ?

How can I have the "Stick" checked out. Could be either one I guess , Huh ?
The Lights or the wipers....or both ? That sucks.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ran into some odd electical problems after reprogramming a couple of weeks ago. I had lost my speedo and some dash lights. I disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for about 10 minutes, reconnected and everything was fine.

Hope you get it figured out.

Quick Reply: JK Electrical Problems...Anyone Help ?